Buy story

Status
Not open for further replies.

esfoder

Concrete Head
Reaction score
So I go to this guys house to look at a Manco cart today. He wants $500 for it. So he's giving me the sales pitch about how it runs but the carb needs adjusted. So I'm listening to all this an thinking let's just get to the part where I talk him down about $400 bucks. Well he starts pulling on the rope and it starts flooding gas everywhere. I tell just shut the gas off and give it a shot. So he does and it starts farting and barking black smoke out. I think he gets a bit flustered because it starts to die so he turns the fuel back on an starts reving the motor up. Well then the excitement starts. The runs this thing up so hard that it knocked the rod right out the side of the block . So then my internal smarta$$ kicks in and I say well it's value has gone down substantially. Then he proceeds to tell me that he's got a bunch more people coming to look at it but now he's up a creek and also he is been diagnosed with kidney cancer. So me being the ding bat that I am said I would give him $200 for it .He then said he needed $300. So naturally I paid him the money and loaded it up. Yes I have sucker stamped on my forehead. The best part is when I get home the ol lady proceeds to raise **** about me dragging home another POS that doesn't run. I tell her anyone can buy something new but it takes a true craftsman to buy junk that doesn't run and make it go again. Moral of the story is always bring a video camera with you on these adventures. YouTube would have eaten this one up I'm sure. Pulse he kids are jacked about it! Yes I win!

Last edited by a moderator:

B_Bimmer

Reaction score
I would pay good money for a video of someone "selling" a go kart only to throw the rod.

mckutzy

Reaction score
esfoder-FYI

I'm not starting a tiff with a new member, but I will say as of late the language of your post will need to be changed... I recommend this will whole heartedness as a mistake... But some people might take an offence...
Similar comments has resulted in perma bans....

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
esfoder-FYI

I'm not starting a tiff with a new member, but I will say as of late the language of your post will need to be changed... I recommend this will whole heartedness as a mistake... But some people might take an offence...
Similar comments has resulted in perma bans....

What are you going on about?:huh:

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
I used to know someone who would yell cheese and rice!
But we all new what he meant.

I think he might be heading for heck. He was also a smarty pants.

But blessed fecal matter, what do I know?

esfoder

Concrete Head
Reaction score
Funny I dropped a 300 pound set of stairs from a crusher screen years ago on my cousin and all he could muster up was a very loud golly. Good thing he's a 270 pound German and my stairs were undamaged. Yeah watching the guy rev that poor ol brigs up till it popped was something else. I'll post a pic of the hole later.

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
Here's a sell story from another forum from yesterday.

I gota message from a guy named Marcus from Columbus who sounded like he really wanted the bike. We made a deal and he came this morning to get the bike and the title signed over. But when he got here he said he realized he had sent the money via pay pal. I checked and sure enough, there was a notification from pay pal that the cash was there, butt something seemed wrong. When he and his friend started pushing to hurry and load the bike I realized something really was off, so I suggested that they cancel the pay pal and we could run to a bank and that I'd hand him the cash back for any fees the bank might charge.

"Marcus"started getting angry saying he thought I was trying to rip him off, so after he and his friend started acting really obnoxious and swearing a lot saying I was being racist by not trusting then, I told them to forget it. They said they were going to call the police and have me arrested lol. I told them that wasn't a problem, that my neighbor Brad, the big black guy across the street watching us, just happened to be on the SWAT team. I motioned for my neighbor to come over. They threw a fit, got in their truck and took off.

They made it about three miles before getting pulled over. Brad told me that this was a common scam. Scammers get people to sign over a vehicle then challenge the charge and get the credit card company to cancel the transacting. Pay Pal won't get involved because it's a in pertain pick up. No charges were filed because we can't prove that's what they are trying to do, but the Columbus police have been notified to keep an eye on these guys.

Anyway...just a heads up. Don't use pay pal for vehicle sales because there's a chance you could get really screwed over.

jandj

Reaction score
Tis the words "smarta$$ and H3ll." Some folks don't like the swearing. I guess.

That doesn't bother me, although we have been asked to keep the page "youngster friendly".
My objection was to the "Jew him down" part, which I find completely unacceptable.

PS:Kelly, I haven't forgotten about that Lumello hub, I just got to find it!
It wasn't where I thought it was and I haven't found the right box yet.

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
That doesn't bother me, although we have been asked to keep the page "youngster friendly".
My objection was to the "Jew him down" part, which I find completely unacceptable.

PS:Kelly, I haven't forgotten about that Lumello hub, I just got to find it!
It wasn't where I thought it was and I haven't found the right box yet.

When I was a kid, we watched the Flintstones. The thing is, it wasn't a cartoon for kids. It was a cartoon for adults that pretty much played to adult problems and themes, but after awhile, adults seemed to forget that.
Southpark was never intended for kids, and the Simpsons was a short bit on an adult comedy show, but the adults all forgot about that too.

I seriously doubt there is anyone capable of reading, that is reading this board, or any other for that matter that isn't 100% familiar with any word out there that we are pretending to protect them from.

Just sayin'. :)

anickode

Reaction score
When I was a kid, we watched the Flintstones. The thing is, it wasn't a cartoon for kids. It was a cartoon for adults that pretty much played to adult problems and themes, but after awhile, adults seemed to forget that.
Southpark was never intended for kids, and the Simpsons was a short bit on an adult comedy show, but the adults all forgot about that too.

I seriously doubt there is anyone capable of reading, that is reading this board, or any other for that matter that isn't 100% familiar with any word out there that we are pretending to protect them from.

Just sayin'. :)

It's not that we are trying not to teach people bad or derogatory language... It's safe to assume they already know it. The issue is that some things can really be quite offensive. I'm not talking about millennial snowflake offensive, I'm talking about genuinely crude and derogatory language, particularly that pertains to a particular race or culture. Stuff like using "Jew" as a verb when talking about throwing down a low-ball offer that's 80% below the sellers asking price.

Everybody has the right to get offended. It's NOT the public's responsibility to protect them from "offensive" material and walk on proverbial eggshells to avoid saying something someone might take the wrong way. HOWEVER, this is a public forum, and it is the responsibility of the members to not use blatantly demeaning language.

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
It's not that we are trying not to teach people bad or derogatory language... It's safe to assume they already know it. The issue is that some things can really be quite offensive. I'm not talking about millennial snowflake offensive, I'm talking about genuinely crude and derogatory language, particularly that pertains to a particular race or culture. Stuff like using "Jew" as a verb when talking about throwing down a low-ball offer that's 80% below the sellers asking price.

Everybody has the right to get offended. It's NOT the public's responsibility to protect them from "offensive" material and walk on proverbial eggshells to avoid saying something someone might take the wrong way. HOWEVER, this is a public forum, and it is the responsibility of the members to not use blatantly demeaning language.
Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.