Bushings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebrownie

Reaction score
I have thought about that hellion. A couple things came to mind

1. Weighs half a ton (old lawnmower)

2. No suspension (springs over kingpins)

3. It would make the go kart pretty ugly

I got it pretty much figured out. Whatever size bearings I get, (unless 5/8", then I will buy spindles) I will buy some axle for that ID of bearing. Then I will weld that axle to the tube thing that goes over the kingpin. I will drill and tap a hole in the end for the hub cab bolt. :)
In theory, it should work.... or not. What do you think?

Sorry for the slightly vague description, I tried. If my brain could print out pictures, I would add a picture.

Rail rider

Inmate # 3192016
Reaction score
Hey, you are using a drift punch and hitting them from the inside-out, right?

Like this:

Rail rider is correct, hit them around and around at those 'clock times'. Penetrating fluid might help too although I don't see tons of corrosion...
:kewlsmiley: Dont inflate that tire, the bead looks ify at best .:roflol: nice skills :thumbsup:

Rail rider

Inmate # 3192016
Reaction score
Dude it is Cast Iron!:smiley_omg:
That extra weight should eliminate the need for a wheelie bar:roflol:

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

I took the crappy tire off. The bead was fine but it had a big crack on the sidewall. The other one holds air, but it has seen better days. I will get 2 new tires for sure.

:roflol: The tire in Hellions pic.:roflol:

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
:kewlsmiley: Dont inflate that tire, the bead looks ify at best .:roflol: nice skills :thumbsup:

It was a quick and dirty drawing and I didn't think anyone would notice that the tire and the rim are both missing the proper features to hold air and stay together.

I'll be more careful next time.

Jason1213

Reaction score
I have tractor wheels with the stock bearings on them and if your going to go off-road and fast don't have to must trust in them. I was going through a bumpy area fast and my wheels just popped off and the bearings stayed on the spindle(I think that's the name). It had bearings that were using the little balls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.