Building a jig / using a jig

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This one is for anyone that's used a jig to make their kart, bar stool, etc.

I was hoping we could get you to talk a little about making the jig, using the jig, and how it's helped your building.

Thanks!

SPIDERMANUFACTURING

Reaction score
i must admit i do use a jig. but i didn't in-hale. a jig is nothing more than a way to hold pieces together for joining. how basic or complex is dependent on how and what is going to be joined. the first kart frames i built were constructed on ply-wood jigs. example, draw picture on wood, out line picture with finish nails , and...a very serviceable one time jig. the reason you are able to use wood or simalar materials is that a jig is used primarily for tacking the pieces together.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
can either of you (or anyone else, obviously!) talk more about the building of the jig, the sturdy-ness.. It sounds like you both have used very different setups. Just curious on the time, and tips and tricks we can share basically. Thanks!

SPIDERMANUFACTURING

Reaction score
building a jig

robert, i think that would be a great idea. when i started to build mine no would share any information:( my opion is that the more we help each other the better off we'll all be.:)

SPIDERMANUFACTURING

Reaction score
can either of you (or anyone else, obviously!) talk more about the building of the jig, the sturdy-ness.. It sounds like you both have used very different setups. Just curious on the time, and tips and tricks we can share basically. Thanks!
robert, maybe the site admin. should move this discusion into the the tools section. and not only talk about jigs, but all things shop related

Status
Not open for further replies.