budget wooden go-kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmaack

Reaction score
definitely put some kind of steering stop on that. with a stage 1 and converter that thing should move

anickode

Reaction score
I want to try and go 40 on this thing

You might want to go 40 on it now, but after you've driven it at 20 you might change your mind.

Seriously, everything about this is a terrible idea.

You have an engine.
You have a live axle kit.
You're a cheap Marketplace frame away from having a decent go kart.

gegcorp2012

Reaction score
I'd like to see some pics of the wooden kart.

Decades ago, I built one using a 2x8 for the frame, a 2x4 with mower wheels up front, a coca cola bottle case for a seat and a pair of 16" (or 20"??) bicycle tires on back. Also had a friction brake lever for each of the rear tires and a steel wheeled roller skate for a wheelie bar.

it was great fun downhill, but a beast to pull back up the hill.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Mr_mcrib212

Inmate #2148
Reaction score
I dont think that would be safe

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

I think you can figure out my age by the stupidity of my plan

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

I have just bolted the seat down and sometime next week I am going to get the front and back wheels and tires. Thats when all of the stuff is going to be here and the burnouts will be magnificent

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

is anyone still here

anickode

Reaction score
You guys might have seen my other thread about my idiotic plan for this homemade go-kart. This one is about the live axle kit and engine

if this thread is about the live axle on engine, why is the thread called budget wooden go kart, with pictures of a wooden go-kart, and the first post talking about your wooden go-kart?

Changing the title in a reply doesn't change the title of the thread FYI. Don't try and backpedal on this because your idea got ripped apart.

Mr_mcrib212

Inmate #2148
Reaction score
I made a different thread and it got moved here for some reason

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

If I do put a torque converter and a stage 1 predator 212 will that make the whole thing fall apart as I drive it

Status
Not open for further replies.