Brother picked up a yerf dog, left it with me to fix up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smerft85

Reaction score
My brother picked up this old yerf dog, had a 6.5hp clone with a comet t/c. He picked it up for $200, and other than an engine I think I have everything else to make it a safe roller, he will probably pick up a predator next month for it, so it may be a quick build. The clone that was installed had the exhaust off, as well as the carb, then left in the elements to rust the internals, and it won't turn over so I removed it prior to the pictures. A new bearing here and there, a few weld repairs, and new front wheels and it should be up in no time. Not sure which model yerf dog, but should be fun to get going.20200104_142404.jpg

20200104_142420.jpg

20200104_142512.jpg

5814SpeedCo

Reaction score
Should be pretty simple, he is talking about doing an sv600 motorcycle engine, I'm not sure it would even fit.

You'll have to do a lot of bracing for that motor! I have an SV650 engine I was going to use in a Manco frame but would of been A LOT of work! Ended up starting from scratch and building a custom full on buggy. They have a lot of torque and if not properly done it will twist your frame and try to kill you.

Smerft85

Reaction score
You'll have to do a lot of bracing for that motor! I have an SV650 engine I was going to use in a Manco frame but would of been A LOT of work! Ended up starting from scratch and building a custom full on buggy. They have a lot of torque and if not properly done it will twist your frame and try to kill you.

Even if done right it'll try to kill you! But yes, I agree and that's exactly what I told him, it can be done, but lots of work and he'll probably be afraid to open it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.