Broken oil slinger

madtom

Reaction score
What are the consequences of a broken oil slinger? We opened up my friends predator 212 hemi to install some new parts and found the slinger broken in 1,000 pieces. Have no idea how long it's been this way but from the time he bought the baja warrior it came on the engine always seemed to vibrate a lot. The other concern I'm having is "drop in parts" have needed quite a bit of clearancing to fit. The cm grind cam (265 lift) wouldn't clear the crank or the block where my hemi these parts all fit with no issues. Also installed a stock length arc rod and the slinger almost touches the case. Crank bearing in the block feels a little crunchy. We found white plastic in the oil but the governor gear was not damaged, could it have come from the bearings? We're going to buy a new hemi start with a fresh motor. Could loosing the slinger cause enough of a imbalance to have damaged the bearings? Unfortunately the new parts didn't effect the vibration.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 AM ----------

We're also finding a lot of shimmer in the oil, I'm concerned the vibrations are wearing out the new rod bearing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

madtom

Reaction score
Governor been disabled just removed it completely during the recent rebuild

mckutzy

Reaction score
If you saw plastic bits.. there's your problem.. The gear is the only place it came from....
Is the metal flyweights still attached?

madtom

Reaction score
The governor is all intact, we found plastic bits in the case bearing which made me wonder if there was plastic inside them