BRIGGS VANGAURD 9HP THROTTLE SETUP

Thepartsguy

Well-known member
Messages
1,507
Reaction score
1,388
But I was told this clutch is a 40 series torque convertor so I need a whole different belt. I was just going to use the old 30 series belt to get the length or would that not work?
That’s what I meant with the belt angles. the 40 driver would most like carve into a 30 series belt pretty quick.
 

rd1970

Member
Messages
63
Reaction score
67
That’s what I meant with the belt angles. the 40 driver would most like carve into a 30 series belt pretty quick.
it may have done that I was meaning just use that belt for size reference for the correct belt. but maybe I should just wait and measure it first
 

panchothedog

Well-known member
Messages
2,918
Reaction score
3,956
rd1970. Wait till you are finished, because you have work to do on that engine plate of yours and the measurements could change. Once you are ready to go,
the correct way to install a new belt is with both clutches OFF of the kart. Loop
the belt over each one, then separating them ( the belt will sink into the driver, as it is open ) slide them onto the crank and jack shafts at the same time. The belts cost enough money, especially the 40series that it is worth the effort to do it the right way. No prying no stretching and no damage.
 
Top