Briggs Updraft Rebuild kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Wood

The Mad Kartist
Reaction score
Ok gurus... I don't normally ask for help on anything, but here we are.

A challenge has posed itself here. I'm rebuilding some briggs 5HP's and they happen to have the Updraft Carbs.

Problem is: The overhaul kits are increasingly hard to find and I could buy a whole kart for what some are asking for them.

Here's the stamp on the engine, and the part number for the overhaul kit is: 394010.

Money (or some cool collectors item) going to someone that finds me a few WITH the welsh plugs for under 30 bucks.

Reason: It has to look old for my project and the updraft carb just makes it.

Bring it!

Attachments

• b1.JPG
    b1.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 2
  • wr.JPG
    wr.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 11

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
I checked my box of stuff and the closest I have is #394435 and 394436. But those are intake and exhaust valves. lol
I also have several 68768 seal plungers.
and some other stuff.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
I saw that carb earlier on your most recent thread. I did a mental Whiskey Tango Foxtrot on that setup only because it didn't fit in with my Briggs knowledge. Nice, definitely vintage. :thumbsup:

Will be on a BOLO for them.

KartFab

Reaction score
I have seen these updraft carbs on the 7 hp Briggs. Might want to add 7 hp to you're search nstead of 5 hp to compare?

Iron John

Reaction score
I like the fins! What's it look like from the front? Is it retro automotive or retro sci-fi? (Either is cool.)

KartFab

Reaction score
I purchased a NOS 5 hp block from this guy on ebay. He has a bunch of them left. Here is a pic he sent to me of the engines as he received them. Pretty sure that's what you are looking for. His email is sent to you in a pm. Good luck!

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.