briggs intek 900 series problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost civic

New member
Messages
254
Reaction score
0
Location
maine
I bought a murry nitrox kart that is turning out to be a basket case.
The seller said it would run but the idle was really high...considering that the throttle plate was broken off of the carb, I figured this wouldn't be an issue since I was going to replace the carb anyway.

Well, new carb on and the throttle is always high. I am concerned that the governor may be broken on the inside.
I've tried adjusting the governor but to no avail. But I also couldn't find any good videos or descriptions of how to adjust the governor arm for this engine.

Anyone here familiar with the briggs intek 900 series and no how it should be adjusted?
 

ghost civic

New member
Messages
254
Reaction score
0
Location
maine
I got it to work by bending the tab that has a spring which goes to the middle of the governor arm (which pulled in the direction to open the throttle) The tab didn't look like it had been messed with but the spring tension must have been too much.

I played with the throttle linkage a bit, at 4300 rpms I get 30mph. Probably did 25 stock. This thing would be pretty fun if it had a torque converter. The centrifugal clutch makes it a slower off the line that it should be for the HP.

Just have to finish the new seat and replace the brake band and she will be ready. I bought it to fix up and sell...thought it was a sweet deal, just needing a new recoil. Ended up needing a recoil, carb, clutch, kill switch, new brake band, the governor figured out, braces welded to the steering, a bend in the right steering arm needed to be straightened out and the seat completely replaced.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top