Briggs Cr950 performance or race parts??

Knaak

Reaction score
I have a CR950 that is mostly stock except I took out the governor, I'm trying to find performance parts such as heavier valve springs, flywheel, cam, crank etc.. anybody know where to find these? I've looked all over Google for days and can't find anything that's specifically list my model. Are there other engines like the predator 212 or Honda clones that are parts compatible?

Rat

Reaction score
I have a CR950 that is mostly stock except I took out the governor, I'm trying to find performance parts such as heavier valve springs, flywheel, cam, crank etc.. anybody know where to find these? I've looked all over Google for days and can't find anything that's specifically list my model. Are there other engines like the predator 212 or Honda clones that are parts compatible?
Looked it up, it's a 208cc engine which means anything for a Predator 212 (non Hemi) or Honda GX and all subsequent clones should be a Direct fit.

The only difference between that engines geometry and a 212 is 1mm of stroke up the cylinder bore.

I do recommend swapping the dished piston for a Hemi flat top piston to bring the compression up.
Again, anything one would stick on any other 196-224 displacement engine should be a direct fit... I too have a 208, the only thing I know to watch out for specifically it some 208's have heavier (larger diameter) cam journals