Briggs and Strotton throttle cable HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymosiris

Reaction score
I just got a fresh B&S 6.5hp motor to put on a chassis that originally had a 3hp motor. Ive been having some trouble hooking up a throttle cable setup. I've tried different locations, different materials, nothing seems to work. Could you guys enlighten me as to where to purchase a quality t/c setup and where/how to hook it up? Are the Ebay ones crap? As you can see in the pics, the throttle opens opposite other ones Ive seen, making it hard to route the cable. Opens left to right, instead of right to left.

Should I hook it up under the gas tank?

Or over by the carb rotor/butterfly?

Thanks in advance guys!!!

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hmm, I'm not too familiar with this engine, but welcome to the site!

guymosiris

Reaction score
I guess both of those. I hook it up at different locations and its not returning too good. There is a return spring, but it seems the cable is getting caught up and wont return fully. Where do you guys suggest hooking the throttle cable up to? Would you guys recommend running a bicycle brake cable, just cuz its adjustable?

Burning Rubber

Reaction score
nah man brake cables are good as. just have the make sure that the black covering tube is not able to move back and forth so that the wire inside moves freely inside it. You can buy long pieces of brake cable from your local bike shop

jr dragster T

Reaction score
DONT hook it up on the butter fly on the carb it will be bypassing your governer the best place is the hand knob in the first pic where its welded or bolted to that green bar.

Jblankster

Reaction score
id buy one, its simpler. also, try going to a small engine shop they can help you.

if you wana try it yourself heres what i would do.

Attachments

• 47b7cf33b3127ccebf8534b09f2700000036100ActW7ls5cOGLg.jpg
    47b7cf33b3127ccebf8534b09f2700000036100ActW7ls5cOGLg.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.