Briggs 3hp engine issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbstauffer

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Maryland
Alright. So I have an early 60's Briggs 3hp engine. I put it on a kart that I'm building for my friend. I did an oil change and cleaned the carb. it ran well for a few minutes. after that whenever I stepped on the gas the motor would bog down and die. I cleaned the carb out again very thoroughly and I'm positive that everything is in pplace. now THERE IS ANOTHER PROBLEM: The engine starts fine. When I rev it it only revs up to a low rpm (around like 1/3 of the total it goes up to) and holds there. I bought a new diaphragm for it and it still has the same problem. please tell me what the problem might be!!!!!:2guns: :censored: :toetap05:
 

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,799
Reaction score
602
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Alright. So I have an early 60's Briggs 3hp engine. I put it on a kart that I'm building for my friend. I did an oil change and cleaned the carb. it ran well for a few minutes. after that whenever I stepped on the gas the motor would bog down and die. I cleaned the carb out again very thoroughly and I'm positive that everything is in pplace. now THERE IS ANOTHER PROBLEM: The engine starts fine. When I rev it it only revs up to a low rpm (around like 1/3 of the total it goes up to) and holds there. I bought a new diaphragm for it and it still has the same problem. please tell me what the problem might be!!!!!:2guns: :censored: :toetap05:

If you haven't already, please start your own thread instead of hijacking this one
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
But, you've done it previously...

Just to remind you, at the top left of each forum page, there is a "new Thread" button...

Now, about that carb issue, either you have an air leak (gasket not fitted correctly) or the carb is not clean...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top