Briggs 350400

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindymogul

Mistress of Destruction
Messages
420
Reaction score
22
Location
Land of Camo and Fireball
So for no reason whatsoever I decided to get the tractor that's been sitting for 6 years running again so I can steal the engine off from it. It's a MTD 990 w/a '97 Briggs MN# 350400 18hp V-Twin. I've rebuilt the carb, changed the oil, whacked it with a hammer, swore at it, rolled it over and still it doesn't want to stay running. It's almost acting as if the spark is inverted to opposite sides of the timing.

Any ideas?
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
. I've rebuilt the carb, changed the oil, whacked it with a hammer, swore at it, rolled it over and still it doesn't want to stay running.

Any ideas?

Maybe because YOU worked on it????:lolgoku:

EDIT: BTW: I know what you're thinking right now....(and can't say here)....sooo....I'll use my standard comeback: "You wish you could!" snicker snicker
 

mindymogul

Mistress of Destruction
Messages
420
Reaction score
22
Location
Land of Camo and Fireball
It runs if there's gas in the bowls, but even with a 12v 7psi pump it doesn't want to suck anything but failure. Ever port/inlet in that thing is clean. Like I said there's no reason why it shouldn't run...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top