Briggs 3.5 not staying running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckhunter

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi, i have a 3.5 hp briggs engine model 91202 type 001601 code 970429fa. It will only start with choke. But when i try to move the choke lever it sputters and dies. I have replaced the spark plug. Gas is good. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

P.S. is normal steel conduit galvanized.
 

Duckhunter

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Thanks and it was the fuel air mixture being too rich

Sent from my LG-US780 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

I know that welding galvanized pipe is bad but can I use it for the exhaust without wielding it or will the temperature be too high

Sent from my LG-US780 using Tapatalk
 

mckutzy

Well-known member
Messages
8,353
Reaction score
110
Location
bc, canada
I made my exhaust for my bike out of EMT, you do need to grind off the galv to weld a joint, but I'd say it be recommend to just remove it all off. It will smoke eventually and those fumes are bad.
 

Duckhunter

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Also I do not have room for my airbox cover as the frame is on the way I need just two inches or so to clear it any suggestions

Sent from my LG-US780 using Tapatalk
 

Duckhunter

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I will post some pics in a little while as I have an interview soon.:)

Sent from my LG-US780 using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top