Breather Filters, Predator 212 HEMI

Reaction score
On the Predator 212 (Hemi version), there are 2 tubes that need breather filters after one installs a stage 1 performance kit. The breather tube on the valve cover needs a breather filter and the gas tank breather tube needs a breather filter.

These tubes are different sizes.

Does anyone know what size the openings are on each of these tubes? Or, what size breather filters fit into each of these 2 tubes?

Mrben522

Reaction score
Not sure if the exact size but on my last predator I just used fuel filters from a chainsaw repair shop near me and some zip ties. Worked like a charm.

mckutzy

Reaction score
If the tank is newer one... It'll have a check valve, no need to have a filter really...
For the valve cover... Any fuel filter or adapted breather filter will do...

7thofa2nd

Reaction score
If the tank is newer one... It'll have a check valve, no need to have a filter really...
For the valve cover... Any fuel filter or adapted breather filter will do...
Yep, just take the hose to an auto parts store and matchup the size. Just get an END filter rather than an INLINE filter . 1601413431286.png

mckutzy

Reaction score
I couldn't find those kind at the time...
I just used the inline, cut off the barb, or left it...
Either way... It'll all work...

7thofa2nd

Reaction score
I couldn't find those kind at the time...
I just used the inline, cut off the barb, or left it...
Either way... It'll all work...

Amazon has the endline filters cheap. You could always get a vacuum cap to cap the one end of you inline filter, but it's probably not a necessity.

Reaction score
For the fuel tank tube, I slapped on a cheap small engine filter that I found at Lowes for a few bucks. For the valve cover tube, I used a "Uni" brand breather filter from Amazon. I figured a good fuel tank breather filter was far less critical than the valve cover breather filter.

7thofa2nd

Reaction score
IN an inline filter the end needs to be open... that way the air can move in and out...

You're correct... don't know wth I was thinking there. For some reason, I have that filter up above stuck in my head thinking the air would flow in through the sides... ugh. In that case it would, but not with an inline filter. mea culpa