Brand new TQ belt breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastian

New member
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
Arlington, KS
Ok, so I should move the whole axel, wheels and all? It doesn't matter if the back wheels are offset a 1/4" or so? I'll try to figure it out tomorrow. Thanks :)
 

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Messages
2,673
Reaction score
98
Location
U.S.A.
Excellent work on the alignment for the pulleys. And it looks to me that the sprocket and hub will move on the axle. There is a gap between it and the bearing so its not keeping the axle in place.
 

Sebastian

New member
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
Arlington, KS
Thanks Joe.:) Would putting the belt on backward make it break? I just noticed it is asymmetrical. I tried every thing to move the hub but there are spacers on the axel that makes this very difficult to do so I'm thinking of moving the whole torque converter assembly away from the engine block. The only trouble with this is that the engine shaft will not be in the drive clutch very far.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top