Brakes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylersmd1

Reaction score
does anyone have any GOOD! brakes for sale..i have band brakes and they suck..so please comment back

try1897

Reaction score
Hey , How ya doin? I have a lawn kart with 4 inch band brakes and I ran them for a couple years. Then I got a new engine with alot more HP and I said "man I need better brakes to a friend" mand he said no you don't just a new set of those. So I got a new drum and band and installed them and it made a world of difference. I can lock um up if I want to now and cause its a live axel both rear wheels stoping it works real good. So before you go to alot of trouble and expence try a new drum or you can use an old clutch drum if its 4 inch and put a new band on it. I think you'll be surprized

try1897

Reaction score
Yes try a new band just make sure the drum is in good shape and clean of any grease . You should get looots of new brake action.!.!.! let me tell you about mine .......My pedal went down to the floor almost and when I was puttin on the new drum I noticed that it was 4 and a half inches not 4 like my old one but when I put it on the pedal went up to half way and the brakes worked real good with lots of pedal. If you press too hard at speed they will lock the rear wheels and you can spin out and do a 360% bat turn. Most exciting for an old gesser like me......T

Status
Not open for further replies.