brake upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bergoff

New member
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
I'm wanting to replace my sons brakes with a hydraulic setup. I've been thinking about a complete setup off of a motocross bike (cr250). His kart is a fox 2 seater and I'm installing a HF clone 6.5. Should the brakes have enough power to stop him and his passenger? I would like it to be able to lock up the rear tires since some of the hills are steep that we ride on. And the cr250 setup is half the price of the new crf450s on ebay. I shouldn't have any problems getting them to fit since his has a mechanical disk setup already. Thanks guys.
 

Bluethunder3320

New member
Messages
5,677
Reaction score
38
im pretty sure places sell upgrade kits for karts like that, to bolt on. im not sure. a cr250 setup will have good stopping power though.
 

bergoff

New member
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
I will be using the stock rotor they are close to the same size. I was measuring on my friends crf450. The caliber will open up far enough to clear my stock rotor.
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
I used a GPX 250 rear setup on my daughters kart; it stops a lot better than it goes & locks up with minimal effort.

Rear discs are usually between 4mm & 8mm & pretty much all the same from a 250cc up to about a 750cc bike as the front brakes do most of the work.
 

bergoff

New member
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
I scored a 80amp century flux core/mig for $50 on craigslist. I'm a little rusty on my welding skills I've been practicing on scrap till I get the all my stuff together.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top