Brake and Throttle Pedal ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toucan_sam

Reaction score
Hey guys, building a go-kart here and am getting pretty close to the end but i'm having trouble with the pedals. I was swondering if anyone had some nice simple ideas as to how to make some cheap and effective go-kart pedals cuz I can't seem to find anywhere in my city where I can buy them and i don't really want to have to make and online order. I was experimenting around with some gate hinges for the actual pedal part and then making a little pillar beside it to hold and guide the cable. It works somewhat but looks pretty sketchy and space is getting to be an issue as well. If anyone has some ideas or pictures of what they have done, it would all be appreciated a lot.

Thanks

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
As far as pedals go, simple is better if you do not want to buy something.

Here is a set of basic racing pedals from comet kart sales. You can imagine making them out of cold rolled heating and bending, you could easily mount them on the kart by welding some sort of bracket to the pedal or even something as simple as a washer.

toucan_sam

Reaction score
thanks, I think that I might be able to get something like that to work. So far that looks like it's my best option anyways

motor_head

expert garbage picker
Reaction score
if you want a cheap option just use some metal rod and bend it up so it works as for something to hold the cable on just get a little bolt weld it on the pedal, drill a hole right next to the head thats a bit bigger than the cable, put the cable through and put a nut on the bolt to hold the cable

Status
Not open for further replies.