Bolts pattern slightly off on new rim

Clark125

Reaction score
So the bolt pattern on this rim is supposed to be 2 7/8, however it doesn’t align with the bolt holes in either the sprocket or the brake drum. Looking for some advice on how to fix this. Should I try hammering the bolt to bend it?

Both the brake drum and sprocket could possibly be 2 13/16 as well since that seems to be the standard I see on new products. Since 13/16 is slightly smaller than 7/8 why can I do for this?

Attachments

• D953793C-D351-44CC-829A-53C5FB7134EE.jpg
    D953793C-D351-44CC-829A-53C5FB7134EE.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 7

mckutzy

Reaction score
Thats probably a manufacturing error. Id just file to make it fit...
Its so slight, on the drum wont make a difference...

Clark125

Reaction score
Drilled out the holes bigger on the sprocket along with some manual persuasion with a deadblow and I was able to get the bolts through the sprocket but it is very tight.

If the bolts on the rim end up being to long, whats the best way to cut them shorter without damaging the threads?

anickode

Reaction score
Drilled out the holes bigger on the sprocket along with some manual persuasion with a deadblow and I was able to get the bolts through the sprocket but it is very tight.

If the bolts on the rim end up being to long, whats the best way to cut them shorter without damaging the threads?
Thread a nut on, cut it with a hacksaw or cutoff wheel, deburr with a file, then run the nut back off.