Bird Engineering Kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjspy

New member
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
Clinton Twp. Mi
Our fater and son (6yrs old) project.
Not sure if the pics will work. Posting from my phone.
 

Attachments

  • 20130523_172128.jpg
    20130523_172128.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 68

mjspy

New member
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
Clinton Twp. Mi
Pics
 

Attachments

  • 20130528_190927.jpg
    20130528_190927.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 20130523_175615.jpg
    20130523_175615.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 20130514_141501.jpg
    20130514_141501.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 20121223_140431.jpg
    20121223_140431.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 56

mjspy

New member
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
Clinton Twp. Mi
I traded for a older air compressor. I had a old style pan kart that was very rough, sold that and puttin some of the $$ towards this. Biggest thing I dug about it was thst it is a live axle. I had it blasted and just got done painting it. It has a diamond plate floor, will have new slicks front & rear. I took my old clone motor off of my mini bike and added a header, jet kit. I added the adapt for the a/f but the filter will not fit. I have the original seat and redoing the wood on the backsides. I still need a few parts, just saving for those. I need new cables and a few small parts are at the powder coaters. I slso had the relocate the gas tank to the top of the motor cage.
 

mjspy

New member
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
Clinton Twp. Mi
Sorry they are random.. Still tryin to figure out
 

Attachments

  • 20121223_142356.jpg
    20121223_142356.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 20130313_165525.jpg
    20130313_165525.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 20130523_172148.jpg
    20130523_172148.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20130528_190901.jpg
    20130528_190901.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 43

mjspy

New member
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
Clinton Twp. Mi
Landuse,
Thanks.

It is Silver and Flat Black.. Tried to do the best fade I could with rattle cans.
It is the crazy camera on my phone.
 

mjspy

New member
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
Clinton Twp. Mi
That is my boys also. Papa bought it for him. I want him to get used to the kart first. Technicallyhe cant race in the series till he is 8.. Maybe late this summer I want to get him out in it..
 

mjspy

New member
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
Clinton Twp. Mi
A little more updates.. Front wheels, tires, steering wheel. Getting the cables ready and attach chain and a few other little things..
 

Attachments

  • 20130702_191848.jpg
    20130702_191848.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 46

souperman000

New member
Messages
2,466
Reaction score
11
Location
Westlake Village, CA
That is turning out great. I agree with the gas tank issue. Putting the tank inside the cage will look better and match the craftsmanship of the whole project. That suspension idea would be cool, or you could make the filler cap level with the top of the cage, like mounting the tank on those two rails. I can't see the rear bar so I understand if it won't fit.

Keep up the good work.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top