billet rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpaxson

Reaction score
aluminum doesn't necessarily mean billet. some engines used cast alumium flywheels stock, but they aren't any stronger than the cast iron ones iirc.

02mx-5

Reaction score
im looking at gecker motor sport website. They have a few rod options. Could anyone take a look and tell me what rod i need. I am installing the rod for safety at high rpms. I may go with the arc rod in the link you sent me. Good price. How hard is it to remove the wrist pin and reinstall the piston?

02mx-5

Reaction score
I dont know. Ill rev it until it cant rev.I ordered a tach so i can keep an eye on the revs before i get the rod. Ill obviously still use it with a new rod. Right now my engine has a raptor 1 rod. I had to put it in because the other rod and piston were SHOT. Thats a different story. Should i worry about the raptor 1 rod thats being used as a substitute? I am eventually(this is the plan for now) going to get a clone and do some basic work to it. This is for a doodlebug i just got.

lemegacool

got boost? :)
Reaction score
note that valve float will probably restrict the engine from reving at some point... installing stiffer valve springs will allow it to run faster... but i wont advise it on a stock rod...

the one linked is NOT billet... and a "aluminium" flywheel is just a cast alu flywheel... if its a billet one it will be written BILLET and it will look like that... both rod and fly here are billet

Status
Not open for further replies.