Big Kid in Greenville Nc

Status
Not open for further replies.

big kid

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am a Big Kid like the old line says I never want to grow up

I just picked up a (I think) yerf dog cart with a fun power 5hp and have been tearing up the yard with it.

I have a new power plant that I itching to get on it's a kohler 18hp :idea2: Just have to find a clutch to fit the shaft then mount it up .......

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
welcome, wow, a kohler 18 would totally shred on a kart that already tears up the yard with 5hp! make sure you can fit it! if it has a differential than tou will need a live axle, it wouldnt hold up.

definitely take pics and post an update for me!

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score
i remember seeing here that yerf-dogs have a bit of a weak engine area, that can be fixed pretty easly though. does your current kart have a comet torqueconverter? if so you could make some $$ of that, of course you may not wish to sell.

big kid

Reaction score
I picked this up in a buddys junk yard and laying right beside it was another compleat frame and motor, I grabed everything I could, 2 sets of wheels both torque converters pedels and steering other frame was toast (somebody cracked the frame bad ) I was told both motors were trashed also, but by 5 that day It was running and I was riding around the yard ( this is a big feet for a 5 hp caring 250 lbs of BIG KID)

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
i might be thinking about a torque converter soon... *cough cough* too early to tell though. seems like you struck gold. could that frame be welded by any chance??

big kid

Reaction score
Thats my other Playtoy 87 suzuki samurai with dana 44 axles out of a 78 jeep waggy lots of mods and custom work it's sitting on 39 inch tires in that pic.

big kid

Reaction score

ok this is my cart as of right now

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
no problem, looks like an awesome cart! and that 5hp does seem a tad small for it. it will rip with 16hp.

redsox985

Reaction score
Blaz is a type of kart? Lol, jk. That's just how my tired mind read it. That's a great pick up though.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
I am not a kart......

Its a Carter. Any of the larger engines will not have the shaft which will accommodate your series 30 clutch assembly. The most I'd do if you really dislike your Briggs being that it does run, I would suggest a clone. You do have many choices to enhance your engine should you desire. Keep in mind your clutch will not do well past 10hp if you choose to stay with the same assemblies.

If you do have any questions we'll be here to answer them.

Seriously r97, what about this kart made it seem like a Yerf-Dog or Manco? The front hubs are 4 bolt as are the rear which rules out Manco. The steering assembly is correctly manufactured which rules out Yerf-Dog. I'm just joking around with you dude, the more we look at these things the more we see how they did things differently but frankly there were only so many parts manufacturers they had available.

Status
Not open for further replies.