Big go kart project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kandi150fs

New member
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi guys I'm new to the forum and I have a big project going on with my kandi 150 fs go kart. The Chinese motor quit running so we had a old 1991 kawasaki 600 street bike engine we could put in and so we hired a fabrication worker and he put the motor in along with making a chromoly engine brace to support all the power. So I was wondering if any of you guys have plans for a shifter and clutch assembly, throttle , chain and sprocket, and how to hook up the starter along with the electrical a.
Thank you, naresh:thumbsup:
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, there's no "rule of thumb" for those things as every engine & every kart is different; with so many possible combinations, it would be impossible to create a standard set of plans to cover them all so, it's basically a matter of make it fit & make it work...

Good luck; of course, if you have any further questions, we will do our best to answer them...
 

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
88
Location
Houston Texas
:welcome2: if you use the search button, I posted a hand drawn pic of 2 ways to do the shifting and a couple for the clutch too I believe. Just can't recall off hand what thread that was in....
 

exenos

Project Nut
Messages
1,217
Reaction score
0
Location
Ontario, Canada
For the shifter and throttle linkage I'd head over to minibuggy.net and poke around in the build threads. You will find more than enough examples.
 

Scout

Nutjob
Messages
575
Reaction score
24
Location
Indiana
You could go to a motorcycle shop and look through the catalogs for some throttle cables that are the right length. The clutch is probably cable operated, just leaving you to figure out a bell crank setup.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top