Big front tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bighead

New member
Messages
4,022
Reaction score
54
Location
Pacific Northwest USA
I have that same kart. Those tires work just fine for me. Also not much room for bigger tires on that yerf dog.

Are you sure it is the frame? I cannot see the frame getting bent on that dog without taking out the spindles too.

I would take both spindles off and lay them on the bench. See if anyone of the is bent. Then once the spindles are off and out of the way check the frame real good. The spindles they used on that kart ate the cheap bent rod type spendles. They bend in all derection easy. I have had two of these karts. Each one the spindles were bent. The bend up real easy. I am willing to bet that your spindles are bent and not the frame.

Do you see any paint chips or cranks and rust on the frame welds? Both my yearf dos were cracked on the frame.

Also measure from the center of the king pin bolt to the lip/edge of the front wheel. Compare the two sides. I bet one is closer than the other. Meaning your j-arm type spindle is bent up. easy fix....

Also you kart is never going to drive really good. Yerf Dog basicaly failed with this one. It is one of there first karts. The bump steer is crazy. Unsafe really. Just try to get it straight and live with it. Or start over and make your own front end. it would be a nice kart then. I like mine just hate the front end. My Dingos ride 100 times better.

You got to remember that Yerd Dog recalled this kart for the crappy front end problems. I would call the outfit that bought all yerf dogs parts and jigs to see if they can help. Perhaps they have the parts yerf dog sent out to fix the problems. Back in the day you could buy the kit. I have to fix mine as well. But my handicap nephew only rides the kart at about 10 mph right now.

If you do get the kart fixed and running good. Go easy on it. The front end cannot handle hard moshing and any jumps. The spindle is just a bent bolt.
 

B man

Tecumseh FTW!
Messages
2,490
Reaction score
3
Location
Oliver springs,Tn
heh heh....... i have ran the absolute crap out of this thing already. mud,steep hills,big bumps,and drifts.

still holds together fine. great little kart in my opinion. realy hauls to.
 

B man

Tecumseh FTW!
Messages
2,490
Reaction score
3
Location
Oliver springs,Tn
by the way big. when you got his kart before you fixed it did it have the stock 5.5hp tecumseh? if so do you still have it? if you do would you sell the pull start?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top