big bore kits or go with 20hp honda gx620 for crossfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

karts

Reaction score
Hello everyone i had crossfire 150cc i would like upgrade engine would i go with 180cc bigbore kit or go with 20hp gx620 how fast it will run with honda gx620 (i know if i go with honda gx620 it more work)would your guys give me ideal . thanks

kevbo22

Reaction score
Do you have the gx620 already? Thats like $1000 bucks ya know. The 22hp predator is half the cost of the honda.

Plus you need a clutch for that engine, thats gonna be pricey too. A 40 series wont do.

If price isnt a problem, then do it!!

But for that kind of money, most people here would recommend a quad or bike engine. That I can assure you will be very fast! Here is a either 150cc or 250cc gy6 type buggy with a bike engine swap to prove it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_JcxzVEF8I

karts

Reaction score
thanks i got used gx620 .
like you say clutch A40 wont do or will do? but rear support frame on my crossfire is weak i dont think it can hold weight of gx620 ,i like to rebuild new rear support frame big thing for me i dont how to weld ,
how your guys thing with big bore kits and stroker crank ?

Bwdeaton

Reaction score
If you want to get more power then the swap would be the way to go. Also more work. The 180 big bore kit isn't worth the cost for upgrading a 150 motor. Maybe more noticeable on a 125 but the 150 to 180 difference doesn't change performance much IMO.

Also, while you could use a 40 series, make sure to get a good one, because the cheaper ones don't hold up as well.

Bwdeaton

Reaction score
I'm not sure of the best place to buy them, but some are cheaper made chinese ones that don't hold up and should be avoided. Most of the popular karting sites sell good ones, but there are some cheaper ones on ebay that I wouldn't trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.