big bore 49cc go kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

jk95ht

Reaction score
i just won one of these on ebay for $110 http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/products/1552652/Mini_Quad_49CC_ST49.html
i was hoping to some how use the axle off it (which needs to be widened) and pocket rocket wheels (1xfront 1xrear) on it as they have slick tyres and wont get chewed up so easily (i wanna use it for drifting) and should i put a big bore kit on it if so which one of these?
a)2 Piece Alloy head (red, blue, gold or silver),44mm Bore with dual 3rd porting,Double windowed piston - 12mm gudgeon.($67)
b)2 Piece Alloy head & bore,44mm with dual 3rd porting,windowed piston - 12mm gudgeon. ($57)
also should i get these?
but ill need a high performance carby and filter to get the power out of the kits.... so $120 or so
also thinkn about a fibreglass reed ($14)
timing advance key?
also if i sold a kart with that axle and suitable for drifting with a done up 49cc engine (as in spent over $120 on) how much do you think id sell it for?
thanks josh

shake this

Reaction score
Can't answer your questions but I think you did ok for $100 as long as you don't use it in it's current condition.

I wouldn't put my kids on that thing if my life depended on it. One good hit on the back tire and you'll rip that axle right off. Just look at how thin the tubing is they are using. Not to mention, you don’t have any support for the rear axle. I’m sure the front isn’t any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.