best "mod" to my bandsaw so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermanotorious

Winchmaster 5000
Messages
2,088
Reaction score
103
Location
New River, AZ
I just got paid for more winch orders! As I went to cut the angles I said enough of the crappy HF angle guide as it is totally useless. I painstakingly cut many pieces of scrap and adjusted the angle in between until I had perfect cuts verified by my large square. The large square is the only one I have that is accurate and it will not fit against the blade and the clamp so that is why I had to make all the cuts. I was thinking about drawing the correct angles on the saw then I thought- what the heck, just etch them. For fun I also stamped the angles next to the etches. So cool!
 

Attachments

  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 30
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 30

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
Something you may want to add to your tool collection: ....A 'General' brand angle divider.....

EDIT: I added some pics and here's a little info: The first two show how it works.....the third....shows the limitation on an outside angle.....but....a great fabrication tool nonetheless.....
 

Attachments

  • 14270421359800.jpg
    14270421359800.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 14270421493911.jpg
    14270421493911.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 14270421624932.jpg
    14270421624932.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top