Been a minute.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
:cornut:
Sup!??! Been a minute since I've been on here. Life has me going in many different directions these days. Still tinkering with karts, done a little to the '32 but not much. Git both of the mini bikes running. Still me, just at a slower pace.... ��
I was woken up in the middle of the night about a month ago, with a strange ,but urgent "need" to build a sea vessel. The next morning, I told my wife that God wants me to build a boat. She laughed, until she realized I was serious. I am not really a boat guy, y'all know that. I'm a kart freak. But this urge was unstoppable. Every minute if the day and night, I thought about building a boat. Then I thought about an outboard engine. Crap.... This is gonna be too much money to build a boat. Again, I say,..... You know me...... ��
So, Friday after work, I started to build, after a visit to Home Depot. I'm not 100% done, but we put it in the water last night, to test for leaks. I was able to Palm paddle the boat to a FAST walking speed, easily. I was not made to paddle though.... So I built an outboard engine out of a couple weed whackers...... :wai:
Here is video of the maiden voyage...... https://youtu.be/IvHpIW7Jlxs
I'll post video of it under motor power, this weekend. Still need a prop, but all else is ready...... Hope you dig it..... :lolgoku:
://youtu.be/IvHpIW7Jlxs

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Reaction score
Nice to see you again Jim. Nice craft! I understand your intensity - I had it too with my sidecar build.

MrC.

Reaction score
The real question is when did He say the flood was coming? Do we have time to build a boat?
Looks great
MrC.

OzFab

Reaction score
JIM! Where have you been? Good to see you back, I hope it sticks ;)

Some SE Asian countries have boats (water taxis) which have an engine mounted on a two axis pivot, with a long shaft connecting a prop directly to the engine (similar to a weed whacker); this setup acts as both propulsion & steering as the two axis pivot allows the engine to move up & down & left to right... just something to think about ;)

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Welcome back, Jim. Don't know you but I have read your old posts so that's good enough. ;)

Some SE Asian countries have boats (water taxis) which have an engine mounted on a two axis pivot, with a long shaft connecting a prop directly to the engine (similar to a weed whacker); this setup acts as both propulsion & steering as the two axis pivot allows the engine to move up & down & left to right... just something to think about ;)

Indeed. My first exposure to this was watching (edited versions of) The Man With The Golden Gun on network TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZIyMD46M-U

supermanotorious

Winchmaster 5000
Reaction score
Welcome back, Jim. Don't know you but I have read your old posts so that's good enough. ;)

Indeed. My first exposure to this was watching (edited versions of) The Man With The Golden Gun on network TV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZIyMD46M-U

"If you got your little potty heads out of them pajamas, you wouldn't be late for work."

Why is it this is about the oldest movie quote I remember from my childhood?

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
I think Jim just did a Drive by Posting on us!
Just to tell us he is still alive. lol

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Reaction score
Supernatorious, I saw that at Home Depot when I bought the fiberglass resin. Was tempted.... Lol
No, Chance, you was wrong...... Ill be on more often, again.... Lol This past week has been busy, and HOT.... Actually getting a couple extra hours at work, and will even break 40 hours! 😂
I need to dig up some old threads of mine and update them with blah blah blah and some pics! Got both mini bikes running, and have done a couple things to the '32..... Hopefully by Friday, I can update everything.
And I've been hoarding parts and or parts atv's and dirt bikes...... Hmm..... :thumbsup:

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Cool We want to see more of the 2 speed mini bike.
I refer to that thread alot. Seems every newbie and their brother wants a 2 speed clutch system on their go kart. lol
and of course the 32. Hey the new build off rules are now open to previously unfinished build off entries too.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Supernatorious, I saw that at Home Depot when I bought the fiberglass resin. Was tempted.... Lol
No, Chance, you was wrong...... Ill be on more often, again.... Lol This past week has been busy, and HOT.... Actually getting a couple extra hours at work, and will even break 40 hours! 😂
I need to dig up some old threads of mine and update them with blah blah blah and some pics! Got both mini bikes running, and have done a couple things to the '32..... Hopefully by Friday, I can update everything.
And I've been hoarding parts and or parts atv's and dirt bikes...... Hmm..... :thumbsup:

Let me or any of the other mods know if you need threads opened again

Status
Not open for further replies.