bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biddie_gibbs

Reaction score
this site its awesome in all ways but one thing I haven't seen is a mini bike kit from gokart usa.com with oh I don't know a predator 420cc engine with a centrifugal clutch from heeters online and have a stupid fast mini bike? just a question.

biddie_gibbs

Reaction score
thanks guys its been a long time. got married and have two kids. live is good I can't complain. but through out all this time I can't shake the enthusiasm of the site. so a 420 predator engine would probably be a complete overkill but what's you guys thoughts on it? mini bike kit with that engine. that's sounds totally awesome

machinist@large

Reaction score
Overkill? What's that?

thanks guys its been a long time. got married and have two kids. live is good I can't complain. but through out all this time I can't shake the enthusiasm of the site. so a 420 predator engine would probably be a complete overkill but what's you guys thoughts on it? mini bike kit with that engine. that's sounds totally awesome

As the old street rodder once asked, "Do you think 1500 HP in a 1200 LB street machine to much?"

I like the idea... (Of course, you have to remember that I'm 6'1" & 270 lbs.........):cheers2::popcorn:

biddie_gibbs

Reaction score
I think it could be awesome but safety is key and masteryota I am Toyota certified but I left and went to lexus unfortunately I had to relocate so am at a firestone. way to experienced for a tire shop but it's a check. do you guys think that gokart usa frame would be strong enough? And what size tires would be appropriate? maybe the front forks should have suspension? throw some ideas out there

Cole Tallerman

Cole Tallerman
Reaction score
Not sure about suspension but I think that frame would be fine if you added some more support. Maybe weld some 1/4" brackets/supports in the corners of the frame. I would also go for the biggest wheels that can fit.

biddie_gibbs

Reaction score
so after a little big of ideas and bad ones at that and for simplicity sake I like to but a bigger motor on a baja heart mini bike.I have seen some with some kind of rear suspension.I have been looking at the duromax 16 hp engines. I know that I have to remove the gas tank for it to fit and make a real gas tank. it already has bigger tires. then I have to worry about a tav to jackshaft to wheel. that is the party that confuses me. making this 1 inch bore torque converter mate with the jackshaft and then to the rear wheel. any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.