B&S unknown need help with torque converter options.

MWKarter

Reaction score
Yeah it looked like a hunk of crap wen I got it but I opend her up and it looked great. Cylender wall,piston. Even got it running with the old carb. The tank was bad rust and junk. I stipped it down eched it did the 2 toned on the housing and some red tractor paint I had looked close enough to B&S'n $30 a can of patented red paint. New pull cord,spring,carb,plug. She is Purdy but just don't thank it's gona pull a 2 seater 1 child 1 adult on 15" tires. I'm thanking of making a smaller 1 seater for my son he's 8 and putting it on it for him do a spider-man theme lol
My kids had a 2-seater kart, that me father-in-law gave me one of those 3hp Briggs to use on. Hauled those two kids around pretty good using a centrifugal clutch on our flat acreage for quite a few years. Worked pretty good. Had about 10” tires.

panchothedog

Reaction score
I have 4 two seat karts with 18" rear tires. 3 of them have 212 predator and one has a 196 cc clone engine. They ALL have 30 series plate mounted torque converter. I can't recommend strongly enough. The karts have strong acceleration, great hill climbing ability, and good top speed. I know it's not the make it work somehow yourself remidey, but for a little more than $200 you can get engine, torque converter, and guaranteed success brand new ready to bolt on. All depends on how bad you want to wrestle with that 40 + year old 3 hp engine and then HOPE it's powerful enough.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
They ALL have 30 series plate mounted torque converter. I can't recommend strongly enough.
When the engine's sidecover is already drilled and tapped for a backplate (Predator 212), for pure simplicity's sake I also can't recommend strongly enough.................Setup only has a single adjustment for chain tensioning (sliding the motor in its mounting slots), while a frame-mounted rigid jackshaft can't be adjusted for chain tensioning, requires some kind of tensioning device to be added to it.