B&S 5 HP Carb

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2Kart

Kart Addict!!
Reaction score
I just picked up this little 5 HP kart for my 4 year old. Runs great except when you hit the throttle hard. Especially with an adult in it. New spark plug, new air filter. Starts up right away, idles great, but stalls with full throttle. I am going to take the tank off and clean the inside of the carb but need help with this ****ty carb. It's the type that lays across the top of the gas tank.

Any ideas?

K2Kart

Kart Addict!!
Reaction score
I got the tank and carb off and gave it a good cleaning. The gaskets are pretty shot so I need to replace them. I searched 5 stores and no one had them. Going to try a few more in the am and hopefully I can find some.

porsche930dude

Reaction score
thats the best style carb in many peoples eyes. its so simple no float to deal with. Just clean it real good with new gaskets its should work fine. not sure why it boggs when floored could be the carb but could also be the clutch / tourque converter grabbing abruptly

K2Kart

Kart Addict!!
Reaction score
also have you played around with the adjustment needle? I believe the starting point is 1.5 turns out and fine tune it from there

Wasn't 100% sure about where to start. Thanks for the info. When I get the gaskets, hopefully today, I will fine tune it and post results.

briggsman

Reaction score
normaly when that happens its that the engine has a vaccum leak, make sure your using two mounting gaskets with rtv in the center or use one of the real thick ones. hope this helps!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.