Axle bearing help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendle

New member
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
I bought a carter 2336 -3017 for cheap for my boy. Im going to replace all the bearings there shot. I got the drivers side hub off and it's down to just the axle on that side. Can I just knock the axle out the other side to replace the axle bearings or is there another way.
 

Wendle

New member
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
It does have a tube no bolts from behind and no set screws on bearings. Way it looks right now I'm going to have to throw some heat to the bearing and beat the axle out. With the nut on the end so I dont mess the threads up.
 

Wendle

New member
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Here they are
 

Attachments

  • 20180116_161737.jpg
    20180116_161737.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 20
  • 20180116_161722.jpg
    20180116_161722.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 10

taotao110d

SPP_MN
Messages
49
Reaction score
1
I have a carter with an in-tube live axle like that. I used a block of wood and a sledge to beat the axle out one side and a random pipe to beat the bearings out from the inside. Got the new bearings from gopowersports
 

Wendle

New member
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
I just got it out there is a washer on the driver side that wont let it go out the passenger side. So I took hub off that side and used a mallet it came right out the driver side
 

Wendle

New member
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Now that I have it out .looking it all over the wear rings they call it in the breakdown is wore out all the websites I looked on don't have them where can I get one
 

Wendle

New member
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Here it is
 

Attachments

  • 20180118_202456.jpg
    20180118_202456.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20180118_202452.jpg
    20180118_202452.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 5
  • 20180118_202447.jpg
    20180118_202447.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 5

mckutzy

Well-known member
Messages
8,353
Reaction score
110
Location
bc, canada
I reckon that washer just offsets the bearing from the cup where axle tube resides, as to not allow the bearing to press up against that tube and damage it. Hence why its worn from the rubbing of each other.....
A washer the same size and thickness will do, or just clean off the old one free from burrs and grease, reinstall.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top