awesome go kart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i just picked this thing up for $20. :wai: my uncle is gonna give me a 350cc from a dirt bike (not sure wat kind yet, but it runs and its free) i gotta stretch it, put bigger tires on the front, rear suspension, better front suspension, roll cage and seat
what do you guys think??????
any suggestions?

Attachments

• 100_5346.jpg
    100_5346.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 100_5345.jpg
    100_5345.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 100_5344.jpg
    100_5344.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 100_5343.jpg
    100_5343.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 84

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
I think it's cool. I also think that with all you have planned, that kart is essentially going to be sawzalled into bits and you'll be basically starting from scratch. But it's all good. Keep us posted!

Ibanez616

Reaction score
Dude, This thing is badass. Does the front end actually have suspension, or is that leaf just for looks?

sideways

Unfinished projects king.
Reaction score
The transverse leaf spring is awesome!

That things gona fly with a 350 on it, is that a diff on your axle?? It probably wont stand up to the power if it is, give it a shot anyway.

Good luck mate! :thumbsup:

Thanks

Hayden

Reaction score
its not a diff, its a sprocket and drum brake combo off of an old school triumph motorcycle, so it should hold up fine. but the transverse leaf is really awesome, and i'll let you guys kno if i end up sellin it or not

redsox985

Reaction score
Leafsprings on a go kart looks awesome but is probably not the most efficient system.

newrider3

Reaction score
It almost looks like someone was building/had built a mini hot rod, what with the suicide spring front suspension, and z'd rear frame. May have had some kind of fiberglass body on it at some point?

Reaction score
well it looks good, but the steel is pretty thin that they used for the main frame rails. for street or smooth surfaces it would do good, but no bumps. so i might be selling the frame, with the front suspension but im gonna take the rear axle if i do sell it

Bluethunder3320

Reaction score
it looks very, very old. might just do good on grass and stuff though. im sure there is a way to add rear suspension though.

Reaction score
well now i kno wat im doing with it... im gonna snag the rear axle for myself and help a friend build it with a normal sized set of rear wheels. another friend said he could scor some 16' leangths of 4"x2" 'c' channel. so im just gonna start from scratch with that rear axle

Status
Not open for further replies.