automotive tach on 2 cyl/single cyl

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
I kinda figured it would be one pulse but i wasnt exactly sure... and thanks solomon.. how should i solder them up?

solomon

Reaction score
You may have to try different resistors for a trial and error, so you can find what pulse it is. That url claims the guy has an out board motor with 8 pulses.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
you can wire it to the grounding wire or wrap it round the plug wire either way works i tested it quick on a single cyl honda.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
alright so solomon cause you seem good at this stuff what all would i need to make this happen? what kinda resistors and u think i can get em at rat shack(radio shack)?

solomon

Reaction score
I posted some links on the first page. Good luck, As far as i am concerned at normal tach will work as is but will be off to some degree.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
oh alright i didnt see that... and ill be racing so as long as it gives me the genneral idea of the rpm im turning ill be happy.. i wanted this tach before i accidentaly killed my rod more so im not over reving this thing past 6000.. but since i stripped out the rod bolts ima be forkin over the cash for some ARC billet ones:drool5::wai::devil2:

itwasjustanidea!

Reaction score
Hey bit of a thread from the dead but i've made a new site to follow the future progress of my Kart, thought i'd add on for reference that an rich text document of the guide can be found free on my site, by clicking here.

Hope that helps a fellow karter, i will add my own pictures later and post it as a proper guide at a later date when i come to wire my own :)

itwasjustanidea!

Reaction score
Hey bit of a thread from the dead but i've made a new site to follow the future progress of my Kart, thought i'd add on for reference that an rich text document of the guide can be found free on my site, by clicking here.

Hope that helps a fellow karter, i will add my own pictures later and post it as a proper guide at a later date when i come to wire my own :)

Status
Not open for further replies.