Aussie mini bike work in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

my_mini_bike

Reaction score
I bought this old mini bike of ebay. it was running but wasnt done right, i didnt have a centrifugal clutch just a straight drive, a big chunky motor bike chain which ripped the power from the little motor and just was no good. we stripped it down and put a old 2 stroke lawn edger in the bike (IT REVS AT ABOUT 6500 !!!!!!:D :D they built em' to last back then) the motor was very wide, so we decided to centre it and use a jack shaft to bring the chain back in line with the wheel (pics on the way) we had another trouble, the shaft was tapered and woudnt fit our drive sprocket :eek: so we had to make a sleave for it to fit the 1" bore drive sprocket. we orded over to america for the sprocket and drum brake as we are in australia an coudnt find the parts over here (http://www.northerntool.com/) the bike isn't finished yet but it will be soon and a with our 2 stroke reving its heart out i think its gunna FLY! :D
-more pictures on the way-
Photo decription:
1- this is the day we got the bike we'd just got the rear wheel off to have a look
2-a Photo of the shockin chain drive system
3- what the bike shoud look like when its finished (once again, just mock-up)

Attachments

• P1010089.jpg
    P1010089.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 77
  • P1010092.jpg
    P1010092.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 97
  • P1010196.jpg
    P1010196.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
cool project! and a springer front end? awesome.

What did the shipping cost you to get over there? Do you have to pay customs or any other charges?

my_mini_bike

Reaction score
thanks mate, umm parts the parts, grand total was about $150(US) shipping cost about $50(US). no, no custom charges or any thing. just the item cost and postage.

my_mini_bike

Reaction score
i bought the bike on australian ebay and it went for $250 (australian) and that included a 3hp B&S engine, pretty good buy !

for the photo:
it runs straight from the engine to the jack shaft, the jack shaft is constantly spinning. on the other end of the jack shaft we have our clutch. from the clutch it runs to the rear sprocket.
so basicly... engine>jack shaft>clutch>rear sprocket
(we went to all this trouble because our clutch wouldnt fit on the 2 stroke's tapered shaft)

Attachments

• side view mini bike.jpg
    side view mini bike.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

robin

Reaction score
my first bike trike dident have any clutch and you had to bump start it
is that a go cart in the background in te last pic if it is the fron half looks prity cool and i like the chevy logo on it

my_mini_bike

Reaction score
lol yea, the ply wood engine mount. just to get the motor in position to see how were gunna put it all together and for the push start, it just to put around the back yard, so we need to be able to stop easily. yeh mate, its a go kart, my other toy ill put a photo or two go chev!!

Attachments

• P1010006.jpg
    P1010006.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 47
  • P1010004.jpg
    P1010004.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 61
  • P1010005.jpg
    P1010005.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 58

my_mini_bike

Reaction score
mad max!!:D all i need to do it paint the wheels black lol. nah we didnt it make it. we bouhgt it. $250 (australian) and since the photo we've up graded it too a 6.5 hp 196cc (from a 5 hp) mate, it moves!! (and does awsome do nuts)

mat-20-

Reaction score
that woulndt happen to be the unbranded 196cc 6.5 hp from that eBay australia store would it? im from aussie too and was thinking about buying that engine, if it is the same, hows she going?

my_mini_bike

Reaction score
nah mate. we bought it from $uper cheap auto. 2 year warranty. 6 months in it going great. i assume the would be the same motor, a honda copy. we got the motor for $250 i suggest that u look in super cheap auto when they have there next 20% off sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.