Attention Canadian Members!!

mckutzy

Reaction score
Really.. cool...
Im not an owner of such a TC, but its starting to be a better Idea...
Were just really screwed for build stuff and other items, especially for actual karts... not easy or cheap by any means...

Must have been an in store price or messed up on pricing... website say $44...
Not arguing it...but good deal to get..

Brianator

Gettin' er done!
Reaction score
I think the sale JUST ended and they forgot to remove the sale tag? I called when I got home because I looked at the receipt and noticed I got charged full pop, just have to go in with my receipt to be credited the difference.

I get alot of good stuff off Amazon and OMB Warehouse myself but you're right, good carts are not cheap or easy to find, I passed on a decent $250 Dingo a day or 2 ago and have been kicking myself since! Lol

mckutzy

Reaction score
I hear ya.. Amazon has been a bit of a help...
My neighbor, Im helping him build a bike.. he just dropped $750 for the complete rearend stuff and a 208 princess motor, later a stick of 1" tube and some other metal bits...

Ive said really its not that much.... Here in Canada were just screwed for that stuff....

He bought all the stuff on the princess a few flier's ago... but were all waiting for our CERB payout to continue...Kinda stalled, Need a motor plate...

Brianator

Gettin' er done!
Reaction score
Speaking of motor plates... I need to make a new one for The Ditchbanger now that it's proved it's working, what thickness you figure kart plates are? I was thinking of going with 3/16", thoughts?

mckutzy

Reaction score
Ya, thatll do.. That's what we were thinking....
Obviously depends on the power of the motor... Might need to have some reinforcement straps put in.

Brianator

Gettin' er done!
Reaction score
Champion 6.5hp with mild mods and will never be built to be a ripsnorter but will be improved upon still. There is plenty of reinforcement as it is by design but great suggestion none the less! Guess it couldn't hurt to add one laterally anyways, I'm thinking a 1x1 steel tube (or whatever I can cut out of some junk that looks good!), as long as it clears the skid plate.

mckutzy

Reaction score
I was running a Champion untill recently, it just had mod intake and exhaust... Stock otherwise...
I don't ride enought to really get into it...

I ended up changing it up and swapped out to a RATO 212cc...

Brianator

Gettin' er done!
Reaction score
Mine came seized, sitting on a solid old Mastercraft (MTD built) snowblower I bought off my neighbor for $30, it currently resides in a old Suzuki quad (The Ditchbanger) and can be seen in my introduction thread. Intake hooked up to the factory airbox via radiator hose, exhaust built out of 3/4" conduit that goes to a FMF muffler and I drilled out the main jet (with a pin vise). IF if has a cast iron bore (which I suspect it does) I'd like to bore it .010, clean up the deck, add a genuine Honda flattop piston, shave the head .020, add a marine grind cam, remove the governor and keep stockish springs to limit the rpms. I'd like some extra grunt but don't want to sacrifice reliability or longevity. A better connecting rod may be in order also because of the increased compression. Something I'll "plan" to do over the winter :rolleyes: