• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Are your neighbors your friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KartFab

Reaction score
Also never loan anyone money you can't afford to permanently part with.

rant here, sorry in advance :feedtroll:

Thats the truth, freaking kid from high school still owes me $1.50 for cinnamon rolls.:surrender: forgiven obviously, but never lent him money again, no matter how hungry he was. Freaking go to the free lunch line and get a balanced meal, don't go whining because you cant buy junk food.

I understand people can get into a bind, but my facebook gets plastered with 'donate to this poor soul' or 'donate to this couple' they are just starting out or 'help this person' with gofundme.

Example 1: I cant help but think, ok this poor soul maxed out his credit cards and doesnt work, now he has mold in his house because of lack of maintenance. Im not bailing him out, get a friggin job and dont waste the money you have. If you cant maintain a house, go live in an apartment.

Example 2 This young couple decided to have kids (no accidents happen) while not having the ability to provide for them. How is that my problem? You know how much I must pay in taxes that pay for medical expenses, housing, and food for people in your situation? You know, if you choose not to have health insurance, and all of a sudden are stuck wth a 100k bill, then you freak out, do you think that maybe that extra $600 a month you should have been paying to medical insurance was really a bad idea? Oh thats right, it was going to your brand new 50k truck payment, tri annual out of the country vacations, and luxury apartment.

Everyone gets unexpected expenses. But NOBODY can say that its not their own actions (mostly inaction) that has put them into that bind in the first place, regardless of how 'unexpected' whatever expense it was.

Whether that be medical expenses, aww what didnt want to pay for health insurance becuase $600-$1200 a month for your family is just too much? Well you are a poor planner, regardless of how 'broken' the system is.

House needs to be fixed up? You didnt plan on spending 5 grand for your roof? Well, any house should have a running average of 1% of its value in MAINTENANCE over time. Didnt see that one coming? Maybe you should have set aside that $1500 per year for your house maintenance expense.

car/truck breaks down? gonna cost $2k to pass inspection? Just because you didn't maintain your car, or have maintenance expenses beyong oil changes for 2 years, doesnt mean that you shouldnt have been saving up for a rainy day.

About to retire and you cant live off this social security? Whats that you say? You didnt save a dime for retirement because 'the stock market is rigged'? Well that's on you because you rigged your golden years for poverty due to nothing else but your own ignorance.

Aww its raining? Whats the matter, you didn't think it was going to rain eventually?

Its not like common sense is a superpower, but it seems like a lot of people don't like to listen to it because of their immediate WANTS, completely disregarding their future NEEDS. I hate it when people ask you for money, etc because their immediate need is 'a completely understandable crisis' that is just so freaking overwhelming. I find it very underwhelming to know that it was YOU who made a series of poor life choices over YEARS to get to this point. Life lesson, NOBODY bails you out but YOU. Don't want to get in a bind? Too bad, you will.....everybody does..... but you can have the money for it by having common sense with your money:

• friggin track your expenses
  • automate your SAVINGS; bare minimum rainy day should be 6 months of your income reserved for nothing else but that unexpected expense. Never to be spent unless all other resources are exhausted.
  • get out of debt
  • make someone hold YOU accountable (spouse, friend, mommy, whoever)
  • do whatever it takes to maintain your retirement, savings, budget etc, it requires SACRIFICE
  • be happy with what you have - its no secret!

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
I think I have, but you can tell the rest of the class.
When I was younger, I asked my Dad what the difference was between potentially, and realistically.
He said, if you'd like to know, go ask your Mother, your sister, and your brother if they'd sleep with Brad Pitt for a million bucks, then get back to me.

I asked my Mom, and she said, Heck yeah!!!
I asked my sister, and she jumped up and down screaming yes.
I asked my brother, and he said, hey, a million bucks is a million bucks, right?

I went back to my Dad. He asked if I figured it out. I told him yep.

He said, and....?

I told him, well, potentially... we're sitting on 3 million dollars,
But realistically, we're just living with two Ho's and a queer. :D

gokartdaddy

Reaction score
skeeter

If it's still there, I will post up a pic of this bass boat. It's crazy, the trailer is worth nearly $600 , what the hheck is a Skeeter 15 footer worth? And I have no idea really, but that's gotta be like a 70+hp motor (OK OK DANGIT! Engine on the back!!!)

what year is engine ?

Status
Not open for further replies.