ARC rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

elbasquo

Reaction score
Tank

I got it together, mounted and ran the engine. It runs good. Now I have to figure out what to do with the tank? Use it or trash it? The stock tanks have the mounting bolts built in at an angle. I was thinking of mounting it on the top back bar of the kart via some kind of clamps. Has anyone done this? The tank is heavy with fuel and I don't think clamping it would keep it from drooping. I wouldn't be supporting the back of the tank.

Attachments

• gxback.jpg
    gxback.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 13
  • gxside.jpg
    gxside.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 15
  • gxtank.jpg
    gxtank.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 9

jr dragster T

Reaction score
You have a pulse operated fuel pump now, I say keep the stock tank just make it floor mounted. Or buy a real racing tank and floor mount that. Just trying to save you some money. So Theo, If your 9 and you built it several years ago you built it when you where 6 or 7?

elbasquo

Reaction score
You have a pulse operated fuel pump now, I say keep the stock tank just make it floor mounted. Or buy a real racing tank and floor mount that. Just trying to save you some money. So Theo, If your 9 and you built it several years ago you built it when you where 6 or 7?

Yeah I think I'll just bridge and bolt a board across the back there as the tank is to big to mount under the steering.
How old are you Theo?

theo

Reaction score
Why not mount the tank back on the engine and relocate the fuel pump?

theo

elbasquo

Reaction score
Why not mount the tank back on the engine and relocate the fuel pump?

theo

I like the throttle set up that the Gecker plate gives you. The engine will be easier to work on with the tank out of the way and I like the look of it.
I'm just going to mount the tank next to the motor with a bridged thin piece of painted plywood.

theo

Reaction score
[
How old are you Theo?[/QUOTE]

Here is a picture of me testing one of my buggies last year. :wai:

theo

Reaction score
I used a flow through exhaust, 25mm carb, lapped and adjusted the valves (they were way off), advanced the timing 5 deg. and removed the governor.

theo

elbasquo

Reaction score
My slow progress

The weather has been nasty lately. I managed to mount the tank, hook up the throttle and I am slowly making progress. Now if could just get that clutch off of the Briggs. The Allen nut is corroded.

Attachments

• max torque.jpg
    max torque.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 5
  • overview.JPG
    overview.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 36
  • cable.JPG
    cable.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 35
  • gecker hookup.jpg
    gecker hookup.jpg