anyone made a go kart using pocket rocket parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jk95ht

Reaction score
go kart using pocket rocket parts

im gunna make a go kart using a 49cc pocket rocket for parts and possibly the engine aswell.........
i will be designing the actual kart during the next 2 weeks, and any previous projects along the same lines with photos would be very useful....... im thinking 1500x500 for the frame, what do yous think?
so any tips or photos about this would be helpful, thanks josh

http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/album.php?albumid=179

my website, i got bored
http://jk95ht.weebly.com/index.html

Last edited:

robbie

Reaction score
If you have a smart design the 49cc should do OK, but not spectacular.

Make sure it's a pavement-only kart, and make sure you have good bearings. You don't want any extra drag to bog that little engine down. Another thing would be the wheel alignment. If your tires are pointed in different directions the rubber will wear off from scrubbing sideways. On a low power kart you'll notice the side-scrubbing will rob power because it causes extra drag.

Just pay attention to these little details and you'll be fine. If you really want to get going, find another 49cc engine and use two on your kart.

jk95ht

Reaction score
If you have a smart design the 49cc should do OK, but not spectacular.

Make sure it's a pavement-only kart, and make sure you have good bearings. You don't want any extra drag to bog that little engine down. Another thing would be the wheel alignment. If your tires are pointed in different directions the rubber will wear off from scrubbing sideways. On a low power kart you'll notice the side-scrubbing will rob power because it causes extra drag.

Just pay attention to these little details and you'll be fine. If you really want to get going, find another 49cc engine and use two on your kart.

yer just trying to get the frame, steering and brakes worked out at the moment, all that i have to do in school and then once thats done i can do the engine at home

Status
Not open for further replies.