Anybody know anything about a Nitrous Psyclone Jr.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

66impala327

Reaction score
I just bought a frame for a Nitrous Psyclone Jr. In great condition and cannot find any info about. Looking for info on what the original engine was and if I can get one. Or any links to information about this kart.

Thanks

Wes

Attachments

• 3G83Jc3Nc5Gc5E35K2cbo82b01c33507d14ef.jpg
    3G83Jc3Nc5Gc5E35K2cbo82b01c33507d14ef.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 17
  • 3G43M93H55I45K85M7cbo94ada76268ab1e1e.jpg
    3G43M93H55I45K85M7cbo94ada76268ab1e1e.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 15

66impala327

Reaction score
Thank you. I bought it for a xmas gift for my 2 little girls. I have a 6hp briggs that came off a power washer that im going to try to put on. Kinda see how it pushes it around before i go buy one. Ive tinkered here and there with small engines before but this is different. How do you know what clutch to get and how can i limit the speed without going to electronics?

Nodroz

Reaction score
:kewlsmiley:
If you have the money, you could get a torque convertor. If you don't, you could use the old fashion centrifugal clutch. A CVT may be the best choice since this kart looks quite heavy + the fact that it's a two seater.

You could gear really low to decrease speed. If your daughters grow up, you can slowly adjust the ratio until they reached the desired speed.

Cool kart btw! I have never seen something similar before!
:welcome2::

66impala327

Reaction score
Im goin to go get a new predator 6.5hp this weekend and put on it. The power washer engine looks really rough and would hate to put it on the kart. I think im goin to go with a centrifugal clutch. Also i might need some help with or ideas on how to connect the throttle cable to the engine. The cart still has the original throttle bracket connected with another cable going to the brake. Go karts are a new area for me and this kinda confuses me. My kart back in the day had a cable to the carb and that was it. Ive done plenty of work on cars but karts are different. I know its a simple design i just havent figured it out yet. But i will. I will post a picture of the bracket and linkage tomorrow. Anyways thanks for the input

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Im goin to go get a new predator 6.5hp this weekend and put on it. The power washer engine looks really rough and would hate to put it on the kart. I think im goin to go with a centrifugal clutch. Also i might need some help with or ideas on how to connect the throttle cable to the engine. The cart still has the original throttle bracket connected with another cable going to the brake. Go karts are a new area for me and this kinda confuses me. My kart back in the day had a cable to the carb and that was it. Ive done plenty of work on cars but karts are different. I know its a simple design i just havent figured it out yet. But i will. I will post a picture of the bracket and linkage tomorrow. Anyways thanks for the input

The throttle connections to the predator are really easy. Have a look at these:

HF Predator throttle hookup
http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18571
http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18751
http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19856

bighead

Reaction score
:kewlsmiley:
If you have the money, you could get a torque convertor. If you don't, you could use the old fashion centrifugal clutch. A CVT may be the best choice since this kart looks quite heavy + the fact that it's a two seater.

You could gear really low to decrease speed. If your daughters grow up, you can slowly adjust the ratio until they reached the desired speed.

Cool kart btw! I have never seen something similar before!
:welcome2::

I think this is one of those tiny small kids two seater kart. Looks really small to me.

66impala327

Reaction score
Its like a medium size cart. Im 6'2" and can drive it with bent knees. But would be a better fit for kids. The seats adjust pretty far so the age range is pretty big. Here are the pictures i was talking about. I did the writing with my phone so its pretty sloppy. Going to pick up the motor tomorrow so hopefully ill be up and running here real quick. Lmk what think about the linkage bracket or should i just get rid off it and go straight to the carb.

Attachments

• 20121128_212812.jpg
    20121128_212812.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20121128_212748-1.jpg
    20121128_212748-1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 5

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
I would get rid of the linkage bracket thing that you have and just use the links I provided above to hook up the throttle to the Predator. You are not going to want to hook it up directly to the carb though. That is going to bypass your governor, which is not ideal if you have not removed all the governor components.

I have not seen the predator, but apparently the throttle hookup is real simple. Study the links provided.

66impala327

Reaction score
Holy crap this thing moves quick. Took some modifications to get the engine in but in runs great. Installed a 212cc predator (harbor freight currently $99) in the cart, hooked up the throttle like it showed in the picture and started right up. Awesome cart and thanks for everybodys help

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Holy crap this thing moves quick. Took some modifications to get the engine in but in runs great. Installed a 212cc predator (harbor freight currently $99) in the cart, hooked up the throttle like it showed in the picture and started right up. Awesome cart and thanks for everybodys help

Great!! I am glad we could help

Status
Not open for further replies.