Any tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swabbster

Reaction score
Hey guys, I will be buying the plans for the go kart tomorrow, and probably buy the steel on Monday, it will be quite thick and I have a 12ton pipe bender that should do fine, it will be powered by a 340cc kohler 2 stroke 2cyl, the secondary pulley is 3/4 keyed, very simple to mount, I have the wiring and the exhaust, the motor is about 30hp, all I need is a good gas tank? It has electric start, but I'm not sure how to wire it, I have the old wiring but there is a lot of wires, not sure what ones go to the battery, no starter solenoid, I'd rather just rewire it,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 13

FatCat

2 stroke Addict!
Reaction score
Tip: go with a fairly large tank. Sled engines are thirsty. I'd go with a minimum of 4 gallon. Mount it low. Also you could add a smaller tank up high. maybe 2 gallon with an inline shutoff as your reserve. Just let it hose hang. When your getting close just put the hose in the fill on the other tank and open the valve. That way you can go on longer rides without worries.

Swabbster

Reaction score
I could use a Jerry can, but that would look really redneck, also i tried the electric start yesterday, there was a big thick wire sticking out that looked like the power wire so i grounded my jumper pack to the motor and gave it 12v, it spun The engine backwards, the bendix engaged and everything, but my jumper pack died right after, i did not have enough power to give the engine power and the starter ground is it a good thing it died?, would it fry something, but if it is not bad for it and it engages both ways then I'm in luck! 2 strokes can spin either direction, newer ones will have less power because the fire just before tdc, and when spun backwards it fires just after tdc, any thoughts? If it will work ill run two soliniods and a two way spring back switch, push one way for forward and the other for reverse

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.