• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Any sleders out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

exenos

Project Nut
Reaction score
Well since its getting around to that season now I was beginning to wonder how many people on here either ride sleds or work on them? I know that jr.dragster and kaptainkrunch do but does any one else ride?

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Need snow for that. If last year was any kind of indication, you won't be doing much of that this year, either.

I'm looking for a cheap sled...
... to strip, and use the driveline for a project :D

exenos

Project Nut
Reaction score
Well were supposed to get a humdinger of a winter this year, hope its true. As for the sled, look for one after the first snowfall when people have dug them out of barns/storage and ran them into trees/stumps or rocks.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
...or they're p!ssed off about no snow... LOL
Actually- I can't laugh too hard. I have a snowblower I'm putting up for sale, and I fully expect to take a bath on it...

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
i road mine 2 or 3 times last year. otherwise we never got enough snow to drive it. it kind of sucks that i wasted $400 on insurance for it but i guess you got to pay to play. i also renewed the sticker for 2 year.

Attachments

• IMG_2985.JPG
    IMG_2985.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 9

exenos

Project Nut
Reaction score
I guess I'm lucky then having a lake right by me, I had a solid 3 months for lake running. I'll have to post a few pics of my 650 once I get it back together.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
i have always been a bit afraid of running across frozen lakes. i would prefer wide open fields. i know there is a park across the street from me that i have kind of opened the sled up at but it seemed to shake a bit around 60mph so i would have to let off.

exenos

Project Nut
Reaction score
There's nothing to worry about if you have a adequately powered sled, if the ice breaks up just let 'er rip and go. Although with 2' + of ice on the lake there isn't any real chance of going through the ice. Just dont be dumb or panic and your fine. ( not talking specifically to you on the dumb/panic thing, just in general)

exenos

Project Nut
Reaction score
You don't know what your missing, although you do have t-shirt weather all year round. I guess that compensates for that.

cOw

Reaction score
This is very true...except we basically all wear parkas and snow boots when it drops below 35F

exenos

Project Nut
Reaction score
No wonder I was getting funny looks when I was down there last winter. It was nice having the beach all to my self though.

Status
Not open for further replies.