Any idea what this kart is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrmonk7663

Reaction score
I came across this. Anyone know what type of kart it is? It is hard to tell if it was manufactured this way or it has been chopped up. Interesting swingarm for sure. Thanks!

Attachments

• A720D9BA-884F-4D0C-BF9E-C34C5396E040.jpeg
    A720D9BA-884F-4D0C-BF9E-C34C5396E040.jpeg
    299 KB · Views: 8
  • 82FE73AE-4CFC-46EE-B55C-CAFDB8E2A0CE.jpeg
    82FE73AE-4CFC-46EE-B55C-CAFDB8E2A0CE.jpeg
    356.9 KB · Views: 6

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
I’ve seen them before. Pretty sure it’s Chinese/imported. 3-spoke aluminum rims too, if I’m not mistaken.

Hellion

Reaction score
It’s a nicely, bare bones sort of stripped down design using fat tubing.
The only thing I can find similar using basic search terms is ScooterX which looks like a fancier, upgraded model, compared to yours.

Then this: https://okscooters.en.made-in-china.com/product/IXPJkVGoYrRB/China-2015-50cc-Mini-Buggy-for-Kids.html....lots of photos at the link to include the engine mount.

Maybe Sid will know more. They’re just hard to track because they go by a multitude of names and then again they’re sort of rare.

Mrmonk7663

Reaction score
Those are definitely close. The rear on those is much different for sure. I messaged the seller and I’ll see if he responds. Thanks man. Good work.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe Sid will know more. They’re just hard to track because they go by a multitude of names and then again they’re sort of rare.

I think you're spot on..
those two are two generations of the same kart IMHO.

Anyways..
mrmonk, yours usually goes by the name of tyrod IV
it's indeed a chinese kart of the same bred as the kazuma drifter (plenty names indeed.. I stuck to this)
in Hellions pic.

I like the tyrod IV better since it vaguely reminds me of vintage karts as well :D

'sid

Mrmonk7663

Reaction score
Thanks Sid and Hellion. The seller got back to me and he wants way too much money for the frame (engine doesn’t work) so I won’t be getting it, but it is in my radar for the future if I come across another fairly priced.

Hellion

Reaction score
I was just browsing the site on an unrelated search and found the name of the kart.
Saw two name variants, Tyrod II & IV but there’s probably more (a I and a III?). But good call, Sid.

I went back to my link for the Chinese wholesaler. Died laughing at the name of the sales manager you can contact on the site. Miss Suky Wong! Oooh la laaa :drool5:

:oops: :lolgoku:

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
*cough*

please boys... a chuckle is fine, but keep in mind that my usertitle
asks me to keep the broom handy...
So please watch out to not get a bristle stuck in your eyeballs ;)

'sid

slicksonly

Mechanical Member
Reaction score
I have one of them new prod. Yougkang China brand karts, bought it in 2016 under a mask name :lolgoku: thought it was American brand with black painted frame. the guy said they are durable. I think the 6 inch knobby tires is what makes it steer ? because I'm not seeing any kingpin angle, The swing arm suspension does nothing, needs 6 more inch of frame up front, The 196cc kart will out run a Coleman CT 200 mini bike on a gravel road.

Status
Not open for further replies.