Any idea on this cart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supra4life28

Reaction score
I picked this cart up to restore for my sons 7th Bday. Has a Tecumseh 5hp motor that needs to be tuned up (drain gas, replace filter/spark plug/oil/gas, and clean the carb.

Once I have it running I will completely strip down and paint.

Any ideas on what make this cart is? Paid $100 dollars for it as well...

Tried to clean it up last night when I got home...

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 61

OzFab

Reaction score
Welcome. It looks like a yerf dog to me. Not quite sure though

Hmm, possible but, I thought all yerf dogs had suspension fronts; I could be wrong though...

To me, it has a hint of early murray to it...

Wait for itsid, he should be able to pinpoint it for you (& us :lolgoku:)

Supra4life28

Reaction score
Thanks all! That is a Billie bass on the wall, but I do have a nice slab crappie on my wall downstairs :).

Regardless tear down is complete and prepping for paint is underway!

mgravley

Reaction score
Nice tires. Are all four the same size?
Did you get the engine running?
Depending on the gearing, 5hp is pretty powerful. My yerfdog has a 6.5hp with a Comet 30 torque converter and I'm not so sure my 8 year old can handle it. I might try to set a limit on the throttle.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Fabroman, hmm, how would limiting the throttle eat up belts? I hadn't thought of that.

Limiting the throttle will cause the TC not to engage fully, letting the whole thing slip too much. This slippage and friction will eat your belts. It would be like gearing your kart too high....your belt just cannot handle it.

If you want to slow things down, the best way is to gear lower.

Supra4life28

Reaction score
Nice tires. Are all four the same size?
Did you get the engine running?
Depending on the gearing, 5hp is pretty powerful. My yerfdog has a 6.5hp with a Comet 30 torque converter and I'm not so sure my 8 year old can handle it. I might try to set a limit on the throttle.

Yes I got it fired up after draining the tank and running some sea foam to clean out the carb. A few shots of starting fluid and it was running great!

I agree with you the 5hp was really moving. Luckily I was controlling the gas pedal while my son was steering! I am going to look at limiting the throttle for now until he gets comfortable.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I got it fired up after draining the tank and running some sea foam to clean out the carb. A few shots of starting fluid and it was running great!

I agree with you the 5hp was really moving. Luckily I was controlling the gas pedal while my son was steering! I am going to look at limiting the throttle for now until he gets comfortable.

Please read the post below. It relates to centrifugal clutches as well

Limiting the throttle will cause the TC not to engage fully, letting the whole thing slip too much. This slippage and friction will eat your belts. It would be like gearing your kart too high....your belt just cannot handle it.

If you want to slow things down, the best way is to gear lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.