Announcing DIYGK's 2015 Champ!!! Slidewayz

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzFab

Reaction score
Wow, where do I start?

Slidewayz: First up, major congrats to you :thumbsup:

Speaking from experience, it is very humbling when we do what we do & others appreciate it; two years ago, I had some stiff competition but, not as much as you, & was truly humbled at the announcement; the simple fact is, obviously, you created something that met the tastes of the majority; well done, my friend...

Desertduler: I'm thinking it was a very close second :thumbsup:

dwcopple: I wish to echo Slidewayz's words, especially the part about being the essence of this forum; you may have finished first, that just means it was a "simple" build, which is the whole point but, on another note, I can almost guarantee yours cost a fraction of what the other builds cost :lolgoku: which, again, is the whole point...

A+ for effort :thumbsup:

Joe-405: Third times the charm ;)

To my knowledge, your entry is the only entry since I've been here which has been sold, much less for the price it sold for; obviously, I was a sought after machine; that's a win in my book :thumbsup:

AlexV: You were a new member when the build-off began; IIRC, it was me who suggested you enter; for a noob, you did extremely well to finish, much less with a project like an arachnid (the only entry with full suspension) :thumbsup:

slidewayz

Reaction score
Well if I indeed won a tee shirt then I would like to donate my shirt to slidewayz's grandson as he had a hand in building the winning kart, I would like to see a picture of the two with the Alumaflyer wearing their tee shirts. Moderators if you could do this for me I would really appreciate it as this little man will remember the time that he and his grandpa built the winning kart.

Much too generous of you DD....I certainly owe you!!

Robert has already contacted me regarding this to hash out the details.

...this will not go un-repaid.

Thank you so very much.
:thumbsup:

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

:wai:

New Avatar :thumbsup:

Robert and I are finalizing up details on Winner decals for past and future Build off Winners and I will make available dated avatars for the winners as well if you would like one.

This truly has been a blast you guys!

Desertduler

Reaction score
You don't owe me anything slide, it was an honor to be able to compete against all the builders and some one as talented as you, savor the moment with your grandson with the win as he will always remember the time that you two spent together and that is what children need most of all is our time.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
DD you are a Class act! I almost forgot Slides grandson actually did the final assembly the Alumiflyer.

alexV

Reaction score
AlexV: You were a new member when the build-off began; IIRC, it was me who suggested you enter; for a noob, you did extremely well to finish, much less with a project like an arachnid (the only entry with full suspension) :thumbsup:

Thanks, this Arachnid kart is lots of fun - building and riding. Noob is the righ word here.. the only power tool I handled before was an electric drill. Now I can stick weld like a bossss :lolgoku:

Desertduler

Reaction score
I would like to see a second build from dwcopple and others that have not participated in next years build off, there are many regulars on this site that should take a turn and build something and keep this build off alive. I had fun doing so this year and it is gratifying to build some thing with your own brain and your own two hands that actually works and functions how you planned it to. So I would like to say to others on here to start brainstorming for next years build off and let's keep this thing going!:thumbsup:

slidewayz

Reaction score
I have just ordered these...
The past and future winners will get a 6"square and 2) 3" square decals. With the appropriate year for their winning build. I can either send them directly to you, free of any charge (PM me your address) or send them to Robert and he will forward them to the winners.

I hope to get them from the printers in the next few days, and then get them out in the mail. If past winners want more or a different size, just PM and we can discuss that.

Also, If the past winners wish to use the graphic as their avatar, feel free to copy and paste to your computer.

Thanks folks!!

Attachments

• DIYWinner2015Thumb.jpg
    DIYWinner2015Thumb.jpg
    596.8 KB · Views: 107
  • DIYWinner2014Thumb.jpg
    DIYWinner2014Thumb.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 107
  • DIYWinner2013Thumb.jpg
    DIYWinner2013Thumb.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 108

Relativity

Reaction score
Congratz Slidewayz! Nice... I mean bad azz kart! Handing over my diygokart build off crown to you for your fine build.

slidewayz

Reaction score
Thank you guys very very much!!!!
Well they are here, and will be going in the mail in a few days:thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_20151124_202756077_zpsqc83lybh.jpg
    IMG_20151124_202756077_zpsqc83lybh.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.