Announcing DIYGK's 2015 Champ!!! Slidewayz

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Woot! :wai:

THANK YOU to all the builders! I'm so proud of the good work by everyone, and thank you for the great work on keeping up with the build entries!

Without further ado ...

!!! WINNER !!!
SLIDEWAYZ "Alumaflyer"

----

Runner Up!
DESERTDULER rotary powered kart

----

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!!! This was a great entry group, and I know that everyone had a tough time deciding. They were all great entries. I mean, wow! :thumbsup: HOLY SMOKES this was a great batch of builds.

Thank you all!

((Winners! Besides bragging rights, send me your shirt size via PM and I'll send you one))

I'm VERY PROUD of all our member's builds! :cheers2:

Also, big thanks to our moderators Landuse, Doc, and Fabroman for their help daily, and help validating the results.

Can you believe this group of karts that our folks made this year??? What a good group of awesome projects!

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Congrats! :wai::wai::wai:Slidways, that IS one awsome kart. I Cant wait to see what you do next year.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations slideways. You can be proud of what you made. Desertduler too. Both karts were amazing

The scores were close for all builds this year which was great!!

slidewayz

Reaction score
Beyond Humbled....

Thank you guys so much, this was a truly amazing experience.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to know if I even got one vote please

ha, yes everyone got votes. It was actually a pretty tight race! That's a real testament to how good everyone's builds were! These were all great!

slidewayz

Reaction score
Thanks again you guys, I'm blown away by the responses. I'm very new to Facebook, and last night at mid-night along with finding out about this, I also figured out that this site has a page there too. Tonight I will probably put some pictures of my kart on my FB page, I had refrained from doing it till after the results, and also because I had managed to keep this build a secret from my dad, and surprised him with it two weekends ago for the first time.

On another note...dwcopple, I went over your build again, and you are probably the essence of this site. A few here have called what I built unique, but the way you repurposed that old lawn mower was something to be proud of. You are probably two builds away from a. coming up with something truly unique b. honing some fabrication skills and some design experience that will make a huge difference. I know for a fact Desertduler and myself did not get the experience and the equipment/tools to do this stuff overnight....its taken years. I think you have the vision, and the basics to press on with more builds. I mean, you basically have yourself a one of a kind scooter on steroids....21mph....thats really quick in something like that, and no batteries to worry about going dead! And the practicality, size, potential ease of getting in and out of it are remarkable. Keep practicing that welding, read up on ackerman steering angles, chassis and structural design....who knows what could come of that. There is something though to what you did with that old mower frame to be really jazzed about.

Desertduler

Reaction score
Well if I indeed won a tee shirt then I would like to donate my shirt to slidewayz's grandson as he had a hand in building the winning kart, I would like to see a picture of the two with the Alumaflyer wearing their tee shirts. Moderators if you could do this for me I would really appreciate it as this little man will remember the time that he and his grandpa built the winning kart.

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
Congrats, You just slid your way to the win. haha.

Dont show the results cause if i missed 2nd by 1 im gonna be mad cause i voted for slidewayz.

P.S. Do i get a raincheck from last year for not getting a shirt for 2nd with the barstool. haha

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Slideways' Alumniflyer'? Jeez......now I gotta build a bigger can crusher!!!

JK...Congrats on a well deserved win Slide!!!!!

And thanks to all those who entered....I think I can speak for most of the forum when I say we enjoyed following your builds.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Congratulations Slide and Desert you both did a heck of a job! :thumbsup: Desert that is a classy thing to do to give you're shirt to his grandson. Voting this year suked, with of all the quality builds it made the decision of who to vote for extremely difficult. Kudos to all the builders. :wai:

Denny

Status
Not open for further replies.