Announcing DIYGK's 2013 Champ!!! Ozfab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
I didn't like on our poll that you could only vote for one! I think that on the next competition, you should be able to vote for your "top 3" and then whoever gets the most votes, wins.

That might be a good idea. I must confess that I was really torn, and waited until about 3 hours prior to the poll closing, to vote. The top 3 all did very well, and if I had 3 votes, y'all would have gotten them!

OzFab

Reaction score
Disclaimer: The following comments are my honest opinion base on logic & my understanding of the democratic voting system & are not based on the fact that I won...

I didn't like on our poll that you could only vote for one! I think that on the next competition, you should be able to vote for your "top 3" and then whoever gets the most votes, wins.

The top 3 all did very well, and if I had 3 votes, y'all would have gotten them!

I was online at the time the results were announced. There was a small window between the poll results being visible & Robert deleting the whole thread so, I know how the voting went.

Without giving anything away (because it's not my place to do so) I feel that if everyone had 3 votes, the results would've been the same or close only with higher numbers.

Just my 2 cents worth...

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
I mostly agree with you Tony;

I don't think that a 3 vote system is not primarily to manipulate the outcome, but it is to ease the voting process.

I myself had initially four karts that are different enough and awesome enough to really earn it, one didn't make it and the other you see as the top three here.
It would've helped me alot if I could have voted for all of these.

Honestly,
the pipe kart is just great, I never thought that making a pvc pipe kart is even possible so for ingenuity, that would have been my vote;

the Ariel thing is awesome, the time it took Jay to build THAT?? I'm amazed (ashamed almost)
So for craftmanship, this would have been my vote.

yours, I love your kart, I love the effort you put into it, and the details.
I'm a fan of details :D
And although I don't like anything[wink wink] I liked it.
So, for the show and shine vote that'd been it.

I could only vote for one, so one it was and it was a pain to make that decision.
(and it wasn't impartial I'm afraid)

And because of that I totally agree, a multiple choice vote would have helped me here.

'sid

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I mostly agree with you Tony;

I don't think that a 3 vote system is not primarily to manipulate the outcome, but it is to ease the voting process.

Exactly. Anyhoo, we had some GREAT BUILDS this year!!! :wai:

raposak

2012 Build-Off Winner
Reaction score
I'm doing good. Funny you mentioned the buggy. Its currently in my garage being redesigned. I plan on changing the motor mount configuration and redo my a-arms to make them a little narrower.

Status
Not open for further replies.