animal's intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

anderkart

Reaction score
I'd guess the stock intakes are made of steel.

I found some kart racing rules from an Animal class with these dimensions:
(quote from here:http://www.gulfcoastspeedway.com/RULES/mini rules.htm
12. Intake: Stock animal intake as supplied from the factory. No modifications allowed. Length is Max- 1.760, Min- 1.740. Inside I.D. is .905”

Looks like there's all kinds of aftermarket Animal varieties available in different lengths and aluminum: http://www.google.com/search?source...z=1T4DMUS_enUS221US222&q=Briggs+Animal+intake

I have no idea if the bolt pattern would fit your Honda head but I'll check around. What's the center to center bolt spacing for your Hondas intake?

You know... they sell all kinds of cool race intakes designed for GX Honda/clone motors. Why were you considering an Animal intake anyway?

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
cost. the aluminum ones for the gx/clones are $40. i found stock animal ones for $11

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
to buy one is around forty. i don't have a welder, and i would have to buy bulk. 11 is the cheapest way out for me. i can hand fab, but it may not hold and why waste time?

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
i purchased (2) for 11; 32 shipped. i will be running my stock carb (i made the intake a velocity stack; intake of carb, not exhaust of carb)cut both and use the same ends to run it. cheapest 22mm i have found was on ebay 17.95 s/h 9.95. otherwise 29.99 + shipping

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
parts in, and modded

so it is shorter than i thought it would be, but more than enough for a good hose clamp on each end. i will be using 1" heater hose to couple the items. right now, it is 2' long so i can fine tune the length (i have a spare 2' piece). what fun that will be!! (rolls eyes) anyway the pic of the head is my 160 head, that i was porting and decided to see about messing with the chamber to see if i could get some gains there. by channeling the gases to the exhaust valve on the up stroke, i hope to see some gains. in seeing some of you guy's porting pics, i was wondering why you grind down the valve guides. i am ramping mine into the valve. course with out knowing the valves deployment, i can only guess at which angle i should put. why am i doing this? the bore for the valve is flat behind the guide, by ramping i hope to cause the still air/fuel back there to surge into the chamber quicker. because i haven't decided to run jb or other epoxy back there yet. i know you can't tell easily in the pics, but i did align the intake sections to their corresponding parts.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 4

mike75925

thinker and tinkerer
Reaction score
i was thinking of running this old style tecumseh breather, but i will be modding it to work like i want it to. the light sucks right now. but i did get a decent pic of the back plate. it has short cone type filter with a case that holds the paper filter in place. i'm thinking of cutting out the metal cap and running some window screen with foam. the case will be cut down to just the mounting lip. when all is said and done, it will look and function the part. found them online, on ebay!

Attachments

• 100008.jpg
    100008.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 20
  • !Bi6s+vgCGk~$(KGrHqEH-DcEt!1gpj,LBLRS)T)t!!~~_35.jpg
    !Bi6s+vgCGk~$(KGrHqEH-DcEt!1gpj,LBLRS)T)t!!~~_35.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.