An Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

battlebotrock

Reaction score
I have not started to build my go kart yet but I have an idea for a go kart transmission and was wondering if this would work. I got two sets of steel bike gears and shifters from a friend and I was wondering if I where to take and attach one set of gears to the shaft of my engine and the other to the axle would the gears and shifters be able to take it? I do not have an engine yet. My computer is not working so I will try to get the pics soon.

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
I have not started to build my go kart yet but I have an idea for a go kart transmission and was wondering if this would work. I got two sets of steel bike gears and shifters from a friend and I was wondering if I where to take and attach one set of gears to the shaft of my engine and the other to the axle would the gears and shifters be able to take it? I do not have an engine yet. My computer is not working so I will try to get the pics soon.

Nope, they are very weak, have you ever taken apart a bike sprocket before? i've snapped the gears just pedaling with my feet, no way they can withstand an engine that is powerful enough for a go kart.

EagleTalons

Master JB Welder
Reaction score
I've been wondering how well a peerless gearbox would hold up. The bicycle gears never will because like Kaptain I too have broke gears just pedalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.